★ Camp Courtesy ★

that’s okay! I’m still learning how to use tone indicators too :sweat_smile: at least in my part, I’m ready to try my best, learn from accidental mistakes, and walk with the community as they do the same !

edit: the phone life is making my communication even worse haha

5 Likes

I’ve tried learning them for a couple months now but each list I read about them is slightly different and I forget most of them anyways. Also I have a hard time picking each one I want to use, like for this I’m not sure whether to put /g or /nm or /srs or something else, since they can all have different meanings depending on context. Also I’m not entirely sure when I need to use them and when I don’t, do I only need to use them when I feel what I say could be misinterpreted? Or should I use them all the time?

Yep! I feel the exact same.

8 Likes

Redo of survey

1 Like

Thank you :blush:

2 Likes

This is totally up to you! Personally, I will be putting tone indicators in more and more of my posts, since I want to learn as many of them as possible too.

On the point of forgetting tone indicators and being uncertain - remember that no one will blame you for your mistakes as long as you’re trying :blush: And you can always bookmark the tone indicator post using the forum’s bookmark button/bookmarking feature!

5 Likes

I didn’t even know this was a thing thank you very much for telling me, I’ll definitely save it /g

2 Likes

No worries, happy to help! /g Tone indicators are saved in my bookmarks too!

4 Likes

what if you disagree with tone indicators lol

5 Likes

I see no difference. why is it written like that?

2 Likes

Me who still doesn’t understand how that works
:eyes:

1 Like

Hey, everyone makes mistakes, thats fine! Thats also why the @/Leaders introduced tone tags to the forum, in this topic there is more info on them!

Full list of Tone Tags

/j = joking

/hj = half joking

/s or /sarc = sarcastic / sarcasm

/srs = serious

/nsrs = not serious

/lh = light hearted

/g = genuine

/genq or /gq= genuine question

/gen = generally

/ij = inside joke

/ref = reference

/t = teasing

/nm = not mad

/lu = a little upset

/nay = not at you

/ay = at you

/cb = clickbait

/f = fake

/q = quote

/l or /ly = lyrics

/c = copypasta

/m = metaphor / metaphorically

/li = literal / literally

/rt or /rh = rhetorical question

/hyp = hyperbole

/pc or /pos = positive connotation

/nc or /neg = negative connotation

/neu = neutral / neutral connotation

2 Likes

no worries, we all agree/disagree with things so it’s not a problem :))

What’s confusing? I can do my best to explain it

2 Likes

Can I join camp courtesy?

1 Like

yeah! anyone can join whenever. feel free to fill out the form in the OP or send me a membership request through a cabin tag group

4 Likes