We’re looking to collect some stories of new Hopscotchers (if you started using Hopscotch after January 2020). If you don’t mind sharing, we’d love to learn about:
- how old you were when you joined Hopscotch
- how did you find Hopscotch
- what did you do to get good at hopscotch?
- have you coded before?
- did the community help you in any way to be a better coder?
- how long did it take until you got featured (Rising, Excellent, Masterpiece, or winning a competition/challenge)?
- What was a proud moment for you in Hopscotch?
- What does Hopscotch mean to you?
My name is Yuanyuan, and I joined Hopscotch when I was 24 years old. I found out about Hopscotch because a friend was telling me about it. I thought it was an interesting concept, so I decided to give it a try! I followed the tutorials to get better at Hopscotch. I have coded in other programming languages for 3 years before. I was able to play a lot of games in the community and investigate how the other people coded their games, and that’s how I learned. Although I have not been featured, my proud moment in Hopscotch was when I first made a project announcement that had different parts and scenes, and that really challenged me.
If you’d rather share in private, please send us an email to email@example.com with the subject line “My Hopscotch Story.”
We’re excited to find out all of your stories with Hopscotch!!
Extra help: If you (with your parent’s permission) wouldn’t mind getting interviewed by Hopscotch or give a statement via interview or video, please let us know!