Built in music maker in hopscotch

I never said adding more sounds would make it too complex, I just suggested that the idea of hand picking notes is daunting even to me an accomplished coder

humble brag

1 Like

Being able to program doesn’t make you good at music.
(Neither does being able to program on Hopscotch)

1 Like

(I’m joking of course, when it comes to actual code I’m a mess)

1 Like

Yes, we needs it

1 Like

Yeahhhh this is why I don’t code music lol

2 Likes

Brr i dont know if adding sub to that feature is good or not
bc i like the feature
i just wish this was a thing

1 Like

I mean, it may or may not be a sub feature, it may end up that you can only upload a song to the community with a sub, but u can buy or make any song without it

1 Like

big brain moment

1 Like

Maybe this feature could be within a set sound block. Like set sound, and then the instrument your using to play your song, and then actually playing your song. Maybe that’s what you meant already.

2 Likes

Yep. And coding an interface to make them is a lot more work than uploading/converting an existing sound file to mp3 and playing it.

2 Likes

Good idea :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

But also not as easy to moderate

3 Likes

I love this

I love making music

I have a few songs I’d love to share!

1 Like

I think this is better compared to coding music

1 Like

With Some way to copy text and also, but not as useful for this, In string, replace something with something, you can make a project with this.

1 Like

How is this even remotely

1. true
  2. relevant

You can make something which creates a string which works for an interpreter to play it, similar to all the ideas for uses I mentioned in the copying topic.

1 Like

Hmm, ok ig

Actually I had an idea. Maybe Hopscotch could have some kind of file format that is just a midi file, but with an extension like .hsmidi

Then you could make midi files and just rename them

1 Like

Imagine if HS made a recording thing that you can record your songs or whatever

1 Like