First of all,I would like to give credit to @Thinbuffalo and @Petrichor for past help. I know there are lots of topic like this,but they never show a proper Unicode object. For this tutorial,we code a simple tree!
Ok,now let’s get started. I’ll tell you how it works as we go along!
1.Create a text object!
2.Go into its code and put “When Game Starts” block! In it,put “Create a clone of this object”!
3.3D can’t be done without clones! So that’s why we put it there. Now put this block:
4. Using that block,we can see the ‘upper-side’ view. That means you don’t see the top,but the top and the side. Now for our next step,copy the set position and put a “When Object Is Cloned” block:
5. Now it’s time to start coding and using the clones! In the same block,add:
Why do we need this? Because it tells the system to keep creating a clone until there are 25 clones! We will use all of them. Now time to give the first batch of clones a shape. We need one Unicode block to put in the “Set text” block!(█)
6. Huh? What happened? Well,the system found out that the clones were still less than 10! So each clone was given this block:█. Now,why the check if else? Because if the clones’ number is no longer less than 10,it will start another batch of shapes!Now,in the check if else block, put:
7. It detects that the clones no longer are less than ten,so it give the clones number 10-20 another different code! We only need one Unicode block for this one,too! I’ve just increased the size😉
It looks completed! But,we can’t see it from each side! So add a new block “When is pressed”:
8. Almost done! Now in it,put this:
Boom! Now you can see the tree from every angle! Neat,huh? The system detects the side we touched and turns according to that!
A 3D tree! I hope this tutorial helped you.
was this tutorial helpful?
@omtl (sorry if didn’t want to be disturbed)