BuildASnowman - AMA! (Q&A) (Source of ice cream knowledge)

qanda
ama

A lot of people have been doing this recently, so I thought I would hop on the bandwagon. This is my AMA (Ask me anything), where you can ask me whatever you want! Have you ever laid in bed, tossing and turning because you can't get one question out of your head:

What is BuildASnowman's favorite flavor of ice cream?

Then this is the place for you!
(It's rocky road)

And this a true AMA - you don't just have to ask about me! You can ask for advice, help, whatever you want!

What is your avatar of and (beat @Ihasfluffycupcakes to it...) do you believe in mermaids????????

Which project have you made that are you most proud of?

@CreativeCoder That's a hard one. I think my project where I made the first list in Hopscotch was awesome - I mean, I made the first list ever in Hopscotch, and it took a lot of thinking. :smiley: But in terms of hours put into making the project, my Food Fight AI took me a whole week to complete, and I'm really happy how it turned out. The amount of code in it still boggles me.

Well, I have another one! Question for @BuildASnowman, do ya believe in vampires???

@Stampys_fans My avatar on the forums is the Crab Nebula. I love space, and it was a really cool picture on the first page of google :P.

I personally do not believe in mermaids, but I completely respect people who do. People have a right to believe whatever they want, and I totally see where they are coming from, I just don't personally believe.

Do you like Harry Potter and if so what is your favorite book and what is your favorite Defense Against the Dark Arts.

@Ihasfluffycupcakes Same as mermaids, I don't really believe in vampires. Although they are super spooky (And we can never be 100% sure they aren't real :slightly_smiling: )

@BlackDawn I have read that series over 6 times now, it is the best thing ever. My favorite book is The Half Blood prince now, but it changes every once in awhile.

My favorite defense against the dark arts teacher is definitely Lockhart. He is so egotistical and smug it's hilarious. My favorite defense again the dark arts spell is the Melofors Charm, which encases your opponents head in a pumpkin. I like it because, what is the thought process behind casting it?

"I could disarm my opponent, kill him, make him fly into the air, or control him with my mind...
OR I COULD PUT A PUMPKIN ON HIS HEAD OH YEAH THAT'S TOTALLY THE BEST IDEA"

Lupin wil win but I really love the Prisoner of Azkaban. But back on topic do you play minecraft and if you do have you ever thought about Modding in the Minecarft game. Oh and I am hoping to get a Pottermore account.

@BlackDawn I love Minecraft! I've been playing for ~3 years, ever since 1.2.5. And I do modding! I've developed mods for myself before, but my main work is doing plugins for servers. I actually get paid to make plugins for a server in Java! It's awesome!

Do you mean on the NEW Pottermore? Because the one with sorting, shopping, competing, collecting, going through the story through pictures, voices, and text, potions, and charms/spells is not accessible anymore. :sob:
@BuildASnowman, how long have you been coding or learning coding, and why is Hopscotch your favorite way to code?

Cool I run a server and so does my friend. I am working non change my server so I can use my mods on it.

@GysvANDRegulus I've been coding for about 2 years now, I started with a minecraft mod called computercraft where you could code in a language called Lua, and went from there. Hopscotch is my favorite just because it's so user friendly and so limitless. With even a basic knowledge of it you can create games and puzzles, and as you get more advanced who knows you can accomplish. It's so awesome!

Just a few questions:

• How many code languages do you know?
  • How did you find out about Hopscotch?
  • Where/Who does your mom and dad work at/for?
  • What coding level do you think you are?
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE?
  • What is your favorite coding language?
  • How did you become a mod on this forum?
  • Are you mod on any other forum?

Just a few questions! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

@Rawrbear Yeah, just a few...

1. 11!
    HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Lua, Java, C, C++, Mathematica, Python, Planck (A programming language I made), and Hopscotch!

2. My old tech teacher Mrs. Martin did a unit on it. (Shoutout to her, the best tech teacher in the world! :D)

3. My Dad is a retired Air Force Lieutenant Colonel, my mom works at a university and brings in international students.

4. That's a really complex question. I don't like saying I'm a certain "code level", just because how good you are coding is not the same as how good of a coder you are. Sure, I know a lot of languages, and have been coding for awhile, but there are plenty of people on this forum who are better coders than me, in logic and in creativity. It's impossible to put a number on how creative, imaginative and intelligent you are. In summary, a perfect score of 5/7.

5. SPAAAAAAACE!

6. Hopscotch! But other than Hopscotch, I would usually say Lua, but I just got Mathematica and it is so awesome.

7. I made a forum post called "Do we need moderators?" and a few days later suddenly was a leader. I messaged Liza about it and she said:

It was so awesome :smiley:

8. I was mod on both the server and forum for a minecraft server (not going to link it because there isn't a "no cursing" rule on the forums) but resigned about 2 weeks ago because of some drama between the staff members.

Would you rather eat a rotten tomato made out of iPad machinery or throw an elastic envelope at a poster on the wall

I did a Google search to find it, but I couldn't find it! :confused:

@Rawrbear It's not public yet - still working out some bugs. I could make you a video demonstrating it if you want!

@Follow4LikesOfficial Both. That's just how I roll.