Bug with editing variables

Use this template to make awesome bug reports:

Your username: Legendary myth

What kind of device are you using?: iPad Air

1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened):

I was holding down a variable to edit it but then Hopscotch froze (All variables freeze it)

Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:

1. Go to the part of the editor where you can select a variable
  2. Hold one down to edit it
    ….

I expected this to happen:
It to come up with the option to rename the variable, etc
But instead this happened:
Hopscotch froze and I could do anything on it. I could still close the app though, and it would work when I closed it and opened it again
Here’s a sweet screenshot:
N/A

7 Likes

does it happen every time?

4 Likes

Yes

2 Likes

I can rename them just fine, odd

2 Likes

Which project(s) have this problem? Do they have the beta editor? What player version(s)?

@Nobody same here.

4 Likes

but I did notice after creating a new variable there’s a very quick change of ordering (new variable appears at the top left of the section instead o fin it’s right place) that fixes itself

@Awesome_E no beta editor, latest player version

4 Likes

That’s been there ever since they changed variables from alphabetical to chronological.

3 Likes

All projects, no beta editor and I just found out that it freezes when I try to check my player version as well lol

4 Likes

how old is your device?

2 Likes

Hm ok. Is your device running really slow/is it almost completely full in terms of storage?

4 Likes

iPad Air, 2013 (in OP)

4 Likes

Nope, plenty of storage and working fine

4 Likes

Have you tried reinstalling the app? It really seems like a one-case scenario.

4 Likes

I have, and the bug remains

4 Likes

Ok, let me see if this is an iOS 12 thing — I’ll test it on a device with that and let you know.

3 Likes

iOS 12.4.8 iPhone 6 no issues. I’m assuming you have the latest version since you just reinstalled it but lmk if you need a different version tested.

3 Likes

Is it 2013? Cuz there are some iPad airs from like 2020 now

2 Likes

Did hopscotch freeze, or did your screen freeze? If your screen freezes then you won’t be able to press the home button. Just asking in case it’s just a glitch with your device.

Check iPad storage. This happened to me when I was making texts

I already suggested that.