Bug while doing pixel art

Use this template to make awesome bug reports:

Your username:
!trAevoLI
What kind of device are you using?:
7th generation iPad
1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened): I progrmmed a line of pixel art, I played it, and only the first colour appeared, I re-entered the second colour, and played it, it still wasn’t there, I went into the editor, and those two next parts of my pixel art had vanished, I re-entered in the same code, but this time it worked.

Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:

1. Program pixel art
  2. See if the full line shows up
    ….

I expected this to happen:
To see my whole line of pixel art
But instead this happened:
I only saw the first colour in the line

Screenshots/picture illustrations

This is the second time this has happened, and you are probably confused because I’m bad at explaining, I searched it up, but I didn’t see any topics about this yet

8 Likes

first post
this seems weird ive never had that before :thinking:

5 Likes

This just happened again, but I spotted some new things:

1. The abilities that were put in repeat blocks disappeared while the others stayed
  2. This does not happen every line
  3. It was when I exited the project when the code disappeared
5 Likes

Weird
I never see this when I make a pixel at.

4 Likes

is your WiFi good?

4 Likes

Yup, normally, but I only saw this bug happen yesterday

3 Likes

is your project saved to the cloud (no cloud symbol on the thumbnail when you exit)?

4 Likes

Yup, it is saved to the cloud

3 Likes

do you go to any other apps while doing the line?

4 Likes

Possibly the forum, but I have photos open in split screen for the template

2 Likes

if you check the forum you may lose some pixel art code (usually I lose the last ability or two I placed down), but it doesn’t usually happen often

3 Likes

I just tried now, I checked the forum when I was in the middle of the line, but it didn’t do anything, i think the bug might be inconsistent, like the white screen bug

2 Likes

This has happened to me aswell

2 Likes

I had a problem yesterday when no trails appeared in a project, but that was because the editor (for some reason) put the rainbow block that I was defining inside itself (I apologize if that doesn’t make any sense, but that’s what it did)

5 Likes

so a rainbow block inside the same rainbow block?

3 Likes

Something like this happened to me before, I copied a rainbow block from a project, and unknowingly pasted it in another project, and it happened in that second project. (Sorry if it doesn’t make sense - that’s what happened.)

It isn’t restricted to projects with pixel art, by the way. I also don’t know if you encountered the problem in the same manner as I did.

3 Likes

Yes, and it somehow created a bug that made so that no trails were drawn. With an empty mindset the next day, I could find the problem and just delete the rainbow block that was inside itself, and everything went back to normal.

3 Likes

you shouldn’t be able to copy paste into different projects last time I checked

2 Likes

Yeah, I know. That seemed to be a bug in itself.

2 Likes

Bump
@randomleader close?

1 Like