Bug when I'm using a keyboard in Hopscotch

Use this template to make awesome bug reports:

Your username: WynterDiamond

What kind of device are you using?: Ipad 5th generation

1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened): I was typing numbers into the editor, but the numbers didn’t fully type in.

Steps to make the problem happen:

1. Use a keyboard for the ipad
  2. Go into the Hopscotch editor screen and click into a number box
  3. Click on the gray numbers, and type in your number
  4. Instead of simply replacing the gray numbers with black ones, it keeps the old gray numbers and makes the new ones that you’re typing in gray as well.

I expected this to happen: I would get new black numbers

But instead this happened: the numbers stayed gray

Here’s a sweet screenshot:

Is it one of those bluetooth keyboards?
They do behave a little differently to the normal keyboard on screen
I think you just have to backspace the old/default numbers before you type the new ones in

You need to use the default keyboard when entering numbers in Hopscotch. Third-party and bluetooth keyboards don’t work.

Mine works but i just have to delete the default text

That´s weird, it seems like HS doesn´t fully support Bluetooth keyboards yet.

Yeah @MelodiousParrot, @MR.GAM3R, and @William04GamerA, I was just thinking that I would notify THT of this problem, so that they could know about it. But yes, I am using a Bluetooth keyboard, and there is a workaround :slight_smile:

My keyboard is very slow for some reason. When I type something it will type it one letter at one

Sounds like your project has been affected by the file size bug. Is it also really slow to add code blocks and move them around?

I’m meant at once. It is ok moving the coding tabs around but sometimes it slow. Even when I have no code it’s laggy. So I just tppype what I need to type in notes and copy and paste it into hopstoch.

That happens to me often.

What really happens:

1. Lag when typing is constant across all input or due to a bad Bluetooth connection

2. The Numbers only turn black when you hit a Hopscotch key input because that is how it is programmed