Bug Report: Blank project?

Use this template to make awesome bug reports:

Your username: NoobyBoiWasStolenFromMe

What kind of device are you using?: I-Pad Pro (9.7-inch)

1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened): I was coding my coded story chapter 1, I hit play and poof. No more project

Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:

1. Idk
  2. Idk
    ….

I expected this to happen:
It let me test my project
But instead this happened:
I got a blank screen
Here’s a sweet screenshot:

6 Likes

@Nooby_Group

• Weird
  • What the flex tape?
  • Not weird at all Mr. Bad at Coding

0 voters

4 Likes

white screen bug, exit then reenter the project

2 Likes

But I’m updating the project :frowning:

3 Likes

There isn’t any other way around it

2 Likes

If the code is still there, updating the project should not make you lose the code – that is a player crash that should be fixed, but it should not affect the editor or what the app transfers to the server

3 Likes

I had my dad play an update before I published it, he repeatedly spammed the restart button, then it broke and I had to spend another hour fixing it lol.

But not really lol because I was annoyed.

2 Likes

I get it often. When I publish it it either says something fishy is going on, or it publishes with a hopscotch logo thumbnail

2 Likes

What the wut is this

Data curruption???

2 Likes

Nope, just a bug that’s been around for a long time. “Project crashing”. The data is saved but, within the current instance of the player, it is unable to run the code and show objects.

3 Likes

if you decide to exit your project during a white screen bug, then restart your iPad, i think your progress wouldn’t save

1 Like

If the project is published, for it to save, either save it to your drafts or publish an update/remix. Then you just have to reopen the project, and it should work.

2 Likes

This has happened to me a few times. Just exit the project then re-enter it and everything should be back to normal. If it isn’t, then try restarting your iPad.

1 Like

Sire this is not your project going poof
This is the project player going bonkers
Which happens a lot more after this update

2 Likes

This happens to me

1 Like