Block deleted after placed

Use this template to make awesome bug reports:

Your username:
Bobinny
What kind of device are you using?: (Also include iOS version, and Hopscotch version)

iPhone SE, iOS 16, 3.50.5
1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened): I was adding When I get a message and then it deleted

Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:

1. Add when I get a message
  2. Add any code in that

I expected this to happen:
Stay unless I delete or press backspace
But instead this happened:
It disappears even though I didn’t press backspace
Here’s a sweet screenshot:
Well it’s easier if it is a video

7 Likes

Has this happened repeatedly? And have you tried putting in other blocks as well?

4 Likes

Yes it happened many times but I just ignored it and only when I get a message deletes.

5 Likes

I don’t really understand the footage

5 Likes

This issue is likely caused by the text you input with the I get message or check once if blocks or any container that you put text in I’ve noticed a lot of issues with code disappearing after adding text and everything in that container disappearing or the block itself disappears. These kind of bugs only seem to occur by putting in text and not numbers.

5 Likes

I usually have text in for messages because I can add context

5 Likes

A way around this is to play the project after you type in the text in “When I Get Message” an then add in the code without it being deleted. So for now you can do that without worrying about your code being deleted.

4 Likes

Thanks a lot for reporting this. I was able to get the bug to happen when I typed “i” in the “When I get a message” block, like in your video. We will try investigate what’s going on.

7 Likes

This will be fixed in our upcoming undo/redo update.

6 Likes

I’ve tested this after the undo/redo update and it seems to have been fixed now with our other changes — Version 3.52.0 Official Topic (Undo/Redo) (We redid how the editor works under the hood, in order to make actions undoable/redoable)

Let me know if it is still happening. It was definitely a very strange bug :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

The bug isn’t happening anymore with any projects I have even before the update, thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 10 days. New replies are no longer allowed.