At the Hopscotch HQ, we’ve been talking about how to improve the forum, based on your suggestions.
We’ve reorganized the forum to make it easier to find what you’re looking for, whether that’s someone to help you figure out Sine and Cosine, debug your code, or a gravity engine you want to use in your game. And don’t worry, we’ve also included a “Random” category to allow place for talking about things that don’t fit into another category.
Here are all the categories and what they’re for:
- Announcements: Official announcements by the Hopscotch Team.
- Debug my code: Ask questions about your Hopscotch code. If you have a question about a specific area of your code, there might be another category for it (for example, if you don’t understand clones, ask about them Control).
- Collabs, Requests, & Competitions: Join a coding club or challenge your creativity in a competition. Or, start your own! Coding is better with peers.
- Math: Ask questions about geometry, how to use Math blocks, and Sine & Cosine here. Math is awesome.
- Design, Color, & Sound: Discuss colors, backgrounds, sounds, or anything related to the design of your projects.
- Open Source: Share and find ready-to-use code, like backgrounds, controllers, character assets, drawing pads, you name it. Code made by Hopscotchers for Hopscotchers. Here’s an example of (non-Hopscotch) out-of-the-box code made by @rodrigo’s friend: https://github.com/roberthein/BouncyLayout
- Control blocks: Ask questions or post ideas related to the blue Control Blocks in Hopscotch. Control blocks help you to abstract your code—using them will help you do a lot with a little.
- Bugs with Hopscotch iOS: Report problems with the Hopscotch iPad and iPhone apps. Make sure to include the version of Hopscotch you’re using, as well as your device type (iPad, iPhone) and iOS version.
- Editor: Use this topic to report bugs that occur when you're editing your code. For example, if you are using a special keyboard and the editor doesn't work
- Player: Use this category to report bugs that occur when you’re playing projects. For example, if the “bumps” rule is firing when you don’t expect it to, log the bug here.
- Meta: Talk about the forum! Share your ideas on how the forum could be improved, suggest a new category, explain how the forum works.
- Random: Discuss anything and everything code-related, that is not covered by other categories. Meet new friends, collaborate on ideas, announce your newest project or library, and get to know other Hopscotchers.
You can give us feedback on this new system in Meta We’re still thinking about others ways we can improve the forum, and look forward to your ideas! Thanks for helping us design this system.