Big Bug with Fruithead Creator

I’m taking another break from my hiatus to report a bug.

I was busy working on Fruithead Creator, but while I was testing it, I noticed a giant bug!

Here’s the link for beta testing: https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/10fmqsc57x

Screenshots:

Brief explanation if the screenshots didn’t help

While testing, I noticed that once I use a hat, it’s the one I chose, but whenever I choose another head, mouth, instrument, or set of eyes, the hat I chose gets reverted back to the top hat. The same is true for if I remove an instrument or hat. If I choose something (except a hat) and no hat has been equipped, the top hat will also appear regardless of whether or not it has been selected!

If someone could please help me debug my code ASAP, it would be my pleasure!

@CodeHelp @pomtl

8 Likes

I’m gonna check this out, hold on

5 Likes

I don’t have time right now to test but it might be setting some variable back to the top hat’s value on accident

6 Likes

Hey CV, I fixed it. @Cocoa_Viola

When you go into the code for the top hat, it said ‘when [iphone] is touched, set :tophat: to 1, and I changed it to when game starts set :tophat: to 1. It works now

https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/10fuoz6au8 :ok_hand:

9 Likes

Ref has got it, though for me the description was better than screenshots.

4 Likes

Same.

Also, @Cocoa_Viola, you probably didn’t need to make a topic for this… It could have just gone in the GPUT.

4 Likes

Actually, this is the exact reason that #debug-my-code exists.

6 Likes

Oh, that explains everything! Thanks Reffy!

@Leaders you can clive this. The issue has been resolved. I am also going back to hiatus mode now.

3 Likes

@Cocoa_Viola
Feel free to continue discussion here – I clived cuz you said you wanted it clived

hiatus mode turns off

I don’t want the hat shown on the screen when the game starts. I fixed it so that the top hat is only shown when it has been selected (tapped).

goes back to hiatus mode

3 Likes

I totally understand that, and I’ll try my best to figure it out one I’m finished with my homework :blush:

5 Likes

I think CV was just saying that she changed it if I’m reading it right

1 Like

OHHH

I totally misinterpreted that reply! Sorry CV!

1 Like

Tell me if you want this topic back again, but with that sentence, I assume everything has been solved.