Being able to update projects through your draft screen

When editing one of your published projects, you can, via the three dots, publish an update. This update will save any of your likes/plants, which, is excellent as nobody wants to lose all their likes when updating a project, and especially not mushrooms as they cost real money.
If you open a hopscotch link accidentally, exit the editing screen, or hopscotch crashes or closes, you lose all of your editing progress. This is particularly bad with people whose app is prone to crash, or who like playing other hopscotch games once in a while for a break.
However, if you save your project to your profile, all your edits save and you can safely close the app without losing progress, but when you publish the project, none of your hearts/plants are saved.
So I propose the idea that we can choose to publish a draft as an update to a previous project. This would allow for you to save your hearts/plants as well as have the assurance that your code is safe.
I have found a flaw in this, however. This system could be used to kickstart a project using some plants that you got on an older project, allowing you to make a project that instantly has 20 plants, for example. But I think this is easily fixed, all that would have to be done would be to check that the updated project is similar enough to the old project. This could be done with either manual curation or an algorithm (however, I don’t know enough about coding to know if this is possible).

There are still a few flaws with this system, which is why I would like suggestions and feedback, but I think this would greatly improve the hopscotch experience and I would love to see this added.

12 Likes

Definitely possible and we definitely need this

Edit: Also, currently there’s this workaround How to Update a Published Project from a Draft

5 Likes

I’m glad you agree lol

5 Likes

i agree too :))

4 Likes

Wow! Thanks! SO happy I know this now. You just made my life ten time easier

6 Likes

Haha no worries

4 Likes

(just a quick note but dont mark ideas as solved unless theyve been officially implemented!)

4 Likes

this has happened to me wayyy too many times, i agree 100%
we need this!

2 Likes

I agree with this, the problem you described happened to me back in the days.

2 Likes

This is probably in my opinion the thing that needs to be added the most in HS! This would encourage people to actually update their games as I don’t feel like enough people do.

3 Likes