Beat Dungeon [name pending] beta testing

Welcome to the Beta!
I’ll explain more and post a project link once this is unlisted.

Tags

@/Unamed-Account @/Kaila808 @/Nobody @/GOATGAMES @/0Author-Detective0 @/GweTV @/FearlessPhoenix @/TheDeliciousOrange @/SwimGirlStudios @/waffle @/SilverSong @/Dragonmaster101 @/Stylishpoopemoji33 @/Dylan329 @/100_LoveCats @/Cherry_Red @/Slothy

For now, anyone in the list of tags above, feel free to out on watching or bookmark. Anyone not in the list, please mute and leave, and don’t stalk the topic. Seriously, please don’t.

Some ground rules:

• Please keep all conversation relevant and respectful
  • please don’t change the topic tags
  • Suggestions, ideas and code help are all welcome :D
  • Don’t link posts here to any other part of the forum, or publish the betas.
  • have fun! It’s gonna be a while before this is a fully fledged game, but I hope I’ll be able to get it there.

This is a draft link, meaning it’ll update automatically I think

https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/11fk6c8056

Game Description:
Explore an ever changing dungeon as you battle monsters and collect loot, all to the beat of a rhythmic soundtrack.
Eventual Features: Music, Weapons, Several Characters, more floors, bosses, items, spells, and a powerful guitar.

26 Likes

Sounds cool! I’ll be waiting to see when it’ll be published! :grinning:

Yeah I know I’m not on the list so I’ll mute and leave.

8 Likes

Is there any way I could beta even tho I wasn’t tagged?

9 Likes

Was wondering the same thing…

8 Likes

I’ll be sure to let you know!
:))

@FRENCH_WAVE123 sure, I guess a few more people wouldn’t hurt.
You and @The_Wild_Fox can join.
I wasn’t intending on having this many people, but everyone seems super interested for some odd reason :thinking:

11 Likes

Is the game a platformer ?

8 Likes

Rhythm based dungeon game.
Monsters and music.

11 Likes

This is the reason

:exploding_head:

9 Likes

Oooh. Nice! Can you use the new blocks? Or have you not subbed because that would be a huge disadvantage…

8 Likes

I’m subbed, and this project was inspired by the (new) music blocks. I’ve wanted to do music with them for a while now, and I finally got a chance! I’ll probably need some help, as music isn’t my strong suit :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

is this a collab?

6 Likes

Nope, a beta topic. I’ll post updates and you guys can give suggestions, ideas, feedback, bug fixes, etc.

7 Likes

I can make some music. I’m currently working on this music but I kind of ruined it. So I might be able to tweak it for use in this game:

Fixed music a little.

6 Likes

Sadly, the end is really messed up… : /

5 Likes

Can I do the same?

4 Likes

I can definitely help

7 Likes

Ah cool ! So I’m probably wrong but is it like a sim ? Or nothing that you can control ?

3 Likes

I think it’s more of a dungeon game. Where the game plays best when you go along with the Roy them

4 Likes

what is a dungeon?

3 Likes

In this context a dungeon is a maze connected by hallways and rooms, generally filled with enemies Treasure and adventure

8 Likes