Bears Joyride - Design Competition

This event/competition/challenge is started by me (@Dragonmaster101) and all the currencies, rewards, and prizes are handled by me, not Hopscotch. You can find other similar self-started events in the latest #competitions-and-events or #shops-and-requests topics, or even start one yourself. Because this is started by me, Hopscotch and the forum leaders are not involved or responsible in any of the transactions here.

Hi guys!

This competition is in involvement to design a Christmas theme for bears joyride! Submitted art will be in the game all December.

Must include

• coin design with spin and shine
  • new character
  • rocket design
  • new level area (at least 1, must line up with normal levels, image not art must be the dimensions of a iPad 7th generation)

Requirement

• Must be Christmas Theme (Character Must reflect You Not Christmas)

Character Base

Level Base

Prize

• Winner Gets 1000 Seeds and a spot in the event for Christmas

Will You Join?

• Yes
  • No
  • Misclick

0 voters

7 Likes

Really cool comp! I might participate… never really done pixel art before… first post

4 Likes

@Leaders can you change the prize in the op too 1000 seeds and include in the hi guys section that they’re art will be in the game all december

5 Likes

Ill like to join but maybe just give you a few sprites

3 Likes

are images fine? :))

4 Likes

Ofc that’s the point

3 Likes

Ok so a few questions.
With the new coin design we make we have to give it the spinning animation right?
Also just confirming the new character will not be Christmas themed right?

4 Likes

I edited it in - hope it looks good to you!

4 Likes

@William04GamerA thank you!

4 Likes

Correct the character will be themed how ever you like

3 Likes

Ok i started working on it. Idk if I will finish in time but I will try.

2 Likes

this is a little confusing- would you rather a design based on the Christmas season or something related to the person coding/drawing it?

2 Likes

the charaxter will not be christmas themed but the rest will as the character will have a permanent spot

2 Likes

awesome, thanks for the clarification :))

3 Likes

When is this due?

3 Likes

Does this have to be pixel art?

3 Likes

Yes except for the character

December 1st (I won’t look at anything till December 2nd to respect time zones)

2 Likes

you can use a discourse date thingy, it’ll change to the same time in the users timezone for no confusion when you click on it i think

2021-11-18T06:00:00Z

for example, this one is not in my time zone but it will tell me the time in my time zone when i click on it :]

2 Likes

Great! I am about halfway done with the background.

1 Like