Battle for a lot of toilet paper [hs forum object camp] - official topic

@MarkerGames the round token rounds your final score to the nearest five, before applying. use carefully! this token can only be used during the submission period. effect applies after hindrance vote.

rounding to the nearest five is like rounding to the nearest ten, but half as big. if what would be your final score is:

between 0.00 - 2.49: your final score is set to exactly 0.00
between 2.50 - 7.49: your final score is set to exactly 5.00
between 7.50 - 12.49: your final score is set to exactly 10.00
between 12.50 - 17.49: your final score is set to exactly 15.00
between 17.50 - 20.00: your final score is set to exactly 20.00
[this is assuming you use the round token, a reasonable assumption given the question]

it can either help or hurt – even more chaos to throw into bflotp!

4 Likes

Ohh yeah! Thought it said nearest 5 scores :]

3 Likes

wait, are you using it or not?

4 Likes

Nope, I’m good :+1:

3 Likes

attention - judging ends at 2023-03-21T18:50:00Z, and results will be announced! this is your last chance to use a token until then!

bflotp tags

contestants: @Bobinny @Cutelittlepuppydog @MarkerGames @Mouldycheese8 @rAyyy
non contestants: @Limon

• i’m not a contestant, but please tag me anyway!

0 voters

5 Likes

helo, contestants!! it’s so good to finally meet all of you! you’ve given great debuts, and the forumers you all represent did a great job! now, it’s time to announce the results! this was a passive contest, which means no one will be eliminated for doing poorly. i will, however, reward the top two with a new token each!

speaking of tokens, none were used, so the results are unaffected! the hindrance votes, however, are another story. our virtually unknown competitor, raclette, got 4 hindrance votes! casserole also got one. each hindrance vote this time is worth -0.25 points to your final score – watch out!

which is a great transition into your final scores, so without further ado:

results!!

casserole [@/rAyyy] - 18.78 / 20.00
hindrance- 1 vote x 0.25 = -0.25
final score: 18.53 / 20.00

dot [@/Mouldycheese8] - 16.34 / 20.00
hindrance- 0 votes x 0.25 = -0
final score: 16.34 / 20.00

raclette [@/MarkerGames] - 17.06 / 20.00
hindrance- 4 votes x 0.25 = -1
final score: 16.06 / 20.00

branch [@/Bobinny] - 15.28 / 20.00
final score: 15.28 / 20.00

jo [@/Cutelittlepuppydog] - 19.13 / 20.00
final score: 19.13 / 20.00

[no token effects]

jo and casserole - you both got the top two scores, so you both get a token!!

casserole, you first. you get a double token!!
sorry, jo – looks like you got a braynee token…

what they do:

double token: if you use it during the submission period, you can submit two entries to the contest, and only the one that gets judged higher counts.
[NEW] braynee token: does nothing. can be used at any time.

nine tokens still have never been seen before!

before we segue into the second contest, everyone, it’s time for the next hindrance vote!! this one could have a greater, or lesser, effect on the next results. time will tell~

cast your hindrance vote!
  • branch [@/Bobinny]
  • casserole [@/rAyyy]
  • dot [@/Mouldycheese8]
  • jo [@/Cutelittlepuppydog]
  • raclette [@/MarkerGames]

0 voters

okay, enough waiting! time for the second contest! the second contest is to advertise your favorite hopscotch block! forumers - your character could be shown producing the ad, or acting in it! [or something else?] contestants - be silly, be serious, try to convince me your block is the best! demonstrate its versatility! do whatever it takes! post all art to the dht, and link all code here! hs art pads work too! however you see fit, submit your entry to the second contest by 2023-03-26T19:00:00Z!

bflotp tags

contestants: @Bobinny @Cutelittlepuppydog @MarkerGames @Mouldycheese8 @rAyyy
non contestants: @Limon @Viridescence

0 voters

7 Likes

i would like to use my braynee token please

5 Likes

done

effects will apply when results are announced

7 Likes

i wasnt joining until i had a character idea and of course NOW i have one :woman_facepalming:t3:
good luck everyone that joined!

5 Likes

well now i’m interested

5 Likes

now i’m interested in what you’re interested in

4 Likes

honestly the competition has not progressed to the extent that it’s too late for more people to join, just so long as you’re willing & able to submit an entry to the first and second contest before the due date for contest 2; that is your penalty for being late

7 Likes

(@Dragongirl1264, if you’re still interested) :]

6 Likes

really? well i didn’t expect to get in but if that’s possible, sure! first challenge is just to draw my character right?

5 Likes

yes

5 Likes

oh, and here are your two starting tokens: an immunity token and a recycle token!

what they do

immunity token: use it during the submission period to have guaranteed immunity! if i can tell you’re taking advantage of it, and intentionally submitting garbage, i’ll negate its effect, so don’t be too careless with it!
recycle token: if you have another token, use this token on it to switch it to any other kind! can be used at any time, unless this is your only token.

4 Likes

ok, i drew my character and tagged you in the dht

5 Likes

the second contest ends in 48 hours and nobody [1] has submitted!!

@Bobinny @Cutelittlepuppydog @Dragongirl1264 @MarkerGames @Mouldycheese8 @rAyyy
let me know if i need to extend the deadline. otherwise uh- y’know, get to it! /lh

non contestant tags: @Limon @Viridescence @Viridescence @Dragongirl1264

0 voters

1. not the user ↩︎

7 Likes

i might need an extension? idk yet ima try to finish today tho

5 Likes

sure. for the sake of everyone else [at the very least], i’ll extend the deadline to 2023-03-27T19:00:00Z. hindrance voting will close at the original due date.

6 Likes