This event/competition/challenge is started by me (@Rawrbear ) and all the currencies, rewards, and prizes are handled by me, not Hopscotch. You can find other similar self-started events in the Latest Collabs, Requests & Competition Topics, or even start one yourself. Because this is started by me, Hopscotch and the forum leaders are not involved or responsible in any of the transactions here.
The currency we’ve all been wanting - stop using seeds for commissions, and start spending with an open source currency that’s easy to use!
When you and a shopholder/commissioner have reached a consensus, just ping the current currency maintainer and tell them you’d like to make a transaction with a shop owner! They’ll get back to it as soon as possible.
Get neat badges to show on the official repository for doing great things with Balloons, like selling your awesome art, or helping someone with their code! Or, you can trade in some of your balloons for cool badges!
Let the currency maintainer know about your shop, and we’ll give you up to 4 free balloons per month just for using our currency, as well as a free badge depending on what you sell! Just let us know each month. Whether you’re selling code help, art, music or writing, we’ll be sure to show our appreciation!
The economy is totally open! Feel free to check out balloon holders at the official GitHub repository. You can see the transaction history by browsing the Git commits.
Please make any new shop topics on-topic! If you’re making a topic, always make sure to relate it back to Hopscotch. If you’re solely selling art, your artist portfolios are a great way to make a shop, market yourself, and offer commissions. Ask a forum leader for more information.
Badges are displayed in the registry. Feel free to reference them in your forum bio/portfolios too!
All badge exchanges are final and non-refundable.
- All shopowners that accept balloons are eligible to get 4 balloons per month, on us. You can receive 2 for every transaction that has been made that month; up to 4. Please let the currency maintainer know every month to redeem.
- Art Shop : owner of a shop that sells drawn art. This includes sprites, OC drawings and other art commissions created with external software, like Sketchbook, Tayasui Sketches or Adobe Illustrator.
- Coding Shop : owner of a shop that sells coding services. This includes debugging bounties, project request commissions and coded trail/object art.
Additionally, these are an honor for any shopowner or commissioner to have:
- Top-Selling Artist : sell more art than anyone else on the forum using balloons! (Two of these may exist at once in the registry. May be taken and given to a different top selling artist)
- Top-Selling Coder : sell more code-related products than anyone else on the forum using balloons! (Two of these may exist at once in the registry. May be taken and given to a different top selling coder)
Make three transactions and trade 5 balloons for any of the following badges (you can use up to 3 of these at once; one per every three transactions made):
- Artist’s Tools (pick one):
- Programming-related (pick one):
- Any yellow face emoji (including, but not limited to these ones):
- Any yellow job-related person emoji (please specify gender; including, but not limited to these ones):
There will be a transaction count in the holders list to let you see how many you’ve done. Badges may be added on request - let the currency maintainer know if you have a badge idea.
Buying a badge will give 5 balloons to random people, to prevent currency destruction. This will be done through the use of random.org and the position of users on the holders list. This process may be bound to future change or adjustment.
- Click here to claim your five free balloons, on us!
The current currency maintainer is @Rawrbear. Please tag them for any transactions made, or for any questions or support needed.
Please remember to bookmark forum-based transaction receipts if needed so you don’t lose them, in case you’d like to dispute a purchase!
By using this currency, you agree to comply with any additional balances done to the economy, such as the addition of balloons. Don’t worry, though; we won’t ever take any balloons away from you! We also have the right to ban you from the system or suspend your ability to make transactions if you do anything suspicious, such as, but not limited to scamming, manipulating the system, purposefully lying, scheming, and rehosting the holders list.
Claim your 5 free balloons with the poll above!
Accept balloons to your current commission rates and shops!
Make your own shop topics for selling Hopscotch-related code and art commissions!
Go find awesome creators to buy from!