Balloons 🎈 [CURRENCY]

This is epic and well thought out also I was wondering if you could add those free balloons you mentioned to my balance
(Never thought I would say that) can’t wait to see this grow
Also would the shop be a topic or a game?

5 Likes

Wow, this is creative! Great idea @Rawrbear!

5 Likes

Thank you! I’ve added your balloons to the holders list, along with everyone else that voted too.

Right now, the situation with making shops is complicated. Honestly, it would be great to have separate topics for shops! A shopkeeper could spin up a shop topic so it so it could be shown to everyone on the forum, to let users browse products to further encourage the flow of currency. This would promote the fun business and entrepreneurship vibe that The Hopscotch Team was going for when implementing seeds, as well as providing a Hopscotch-related and incredibly fun way to use the forum. Who knows – maybe there could be a new Shops category for the forum someday!

The problem right now is that they weren’t really allowed… and this was new news for me. :sweat_smile: There was no official rule whatsoever that banned shops according to the official community guideline or the extended rules, but apparently commission rules were very narrowly covered by the drawing topic. I probably should’ve known, but I didn’t realize it right away.

Right now the @Leaders are discussing this, and hopefully they’ll make some sort of exception for shop topics, alongside @Yuanyuan’s approval to launch this currency that I’d received prior to making this topic. (If you all wouldn’t mind, let’s carry further discussion back to the Leaders Q&A topic!)

I’m trying my best to humbly comply and not break any rules. I’m also taking every step towards making this currency transparent, fair and secure to use for everyone. The leadership team takes this really seriously though, and this is a new step in a different direction for everyone involved in managing this forum. So hopefully we can figure this out soon to set things in stone soon enough!

In the meantime, you can go ahead post your shop on the current YCTAYHCH topic and use your tag list, if you have one!

6 Likes

no, I meant I have an idea hehe

3 Likes

Maybe it also should have shares too? I can help

3 Likes

Maybe! That’s interesting - what exactly do you propose?

3 Likes

Say 5 balloons for 1 share and when someone earns/makes some balloons, when the balance is updated they will get less balloons and instead those balloons will go to shareholders. Eg. I earn 5 balloons, and I previously sold 5% of my earning/shares/company/or whatever you want to call it and that 5% is composed of 10 shareholders (so each shareholder has 0.5%). Therefore, instead I will earn 4.75 balloons instead of 5 (5% of 5 is 0.25) and each shareholder will get 0.025 (0.25 divided by 10 because 10 shareholders). Obviously people will sell more than 5% shares and therefore each shareholder will get more than 0.025 (yeah 5% wasn’t a good idea)

Phew…

4 Likes

Oh cool, like stocks! That’s definitely something to consider. I’ll have to do more research on stock markets in real life!

And this would be per shop, right? It sounds a little complex for a currency for kids, but it still sounds like an interesting opportunity!

Thanks for the explanation :)

4 Likes

Yeah shares, stocks same thing. Might be a bit complicated…

Let me know when you reach your decision. I understand the share/stock market pretty well so ask me if you need help. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Sounds great; this might have some good potential. I’ll be sure to ask you for help if needed; thanks a bunch!

3 Likes

I Will Do A Shop

5 Likes

Great topic, this currency is very creative and is super cool!

Although, we already have Hopbites, so to make this be different from those, you can think about these things:

Instead of Balloons as coins/bills you can have them as credit cards!

You could be the bank, and if we ever need something we could use the balloons, this would be a hopscotch-ified version of the credit card system. I don’t know what we’ll use them for, but let’s get creative!

And this could be a helpful experience to teach young hopscotchers about money!

How do you like that idea?
@Rawrbear

6 Likes

What is the worth of 1 balloon in comparison to seeds?

6 Likes

Great topic, very detailed!
I might use this currency for a shop sometime in the near future :balloon:

4 Likes

probably 1 but you cannot trade them with seeds

4 Likes

they are just balloons no coins, bills or anything other than digital balloons

5 Likes

You can’t do that

4 Likes

No just as a comparison price, like 1 seed is to _ balloons or 1 balloon is to _ hopbytes. Such as 1 US dollar is to _ pound sterlings

2 Likes

It’s cool, but since credit has to be paid back, I don’t want kids to be upset about debt, overdrafting, etcetera. Maybe someday it could be good as a separate system altogether though.

It’s still really interesting. I’ve been thinking about loans a little bit lately, and how to make them conform to the forum rules.

Thanks for your suggestion!

5 Likes

Here’s another question for you that might make it easier to understand: since everyone has 5 balloons, think about how many sales you could possibly make in competition with others to make the most out of it!

I was thinking maybe 10 seeds = 1 balloon, but it might not be too accurate in the scope of pop-ups right now.

6 Likes