Balloons ๐ŸŽˆ [CURRENCY]

I figured this would be perfect to release around the forumโ€™s anniversary! If youโ€™re selling, please try this currency out, and tell other people to try it, so that it can grow! :D

If you believe in the future of balloons, please open a shop and accept them as a currency! This will really help the currency flourish, and you can get bonus balloons for doing so, as of writing this post.

:balloon: Thank you in advance for choosing to use balloons! :heart:

If you have any ideas for more bonuses and redeemables, please let me know!

20 Likes

Cool

7 Likes

@omtl: Balloons are a new currency for the forum! Hopefully we wonโ€™t primarily have to use seeds for art/code commissions, debug requests, and project requests. :)

Read the main topic if youโ€™re interested!

10 Likes

Awesome! Iโ€™ll definitely use balloons in my shop soon.

8 Likes

This is cool. This would take 20 mins to read it all for me lol

6 Likes

Haha, thereโ€™s a lot of technical details in the original post, so let me give you (and anyone else) a TL;DR!
(Click on the blue text to go to that section in the main post.)

Balloons are a new open currency made to replace or work alongside seeds! You can see everyone who has balloons on the GitHub, too. Itโ€™s made for art commissions, project requests and code debugging bounties!

You can get bonuses and gain status for using balloons, and get your own badges on the holders list! If you host a shop using them, we can give you balloons, as long as the shop is somewhat active!
Also, if you accept balloons with your shop, itโ€™ll make the currency better, so Iโ€™d really appreciate it! :)

You can claim 5 free balloons right now by using the poll in the main post!

Hopefully someday, we can use this currency on the forum everywhere! ^.^

9 Likes

hey there,
is this an independent currency, similar to epoints?

13 Likes

Yep! Itโ€™s also transferrable and geared towards general-use for all forumers.

For security reasons, between transfers there will be a receipt like so:

Transferred [n] balloons between [user 1] and [user 2]: commitID on the repo
Please bookmark this transaction if itโ€™s important!

Everything is kept track of!

8 Likes

Cool :+1: definitely will use if I open a shop. Can I use it for stuff in projects? Like someone asks for something worth x number of balloons and I update the project every week with all of the people who bought something?

7 Likes

For sure! Feel free to integrate the currency into your Hopscotch projects! Maybe you could link to the forum.

Just remember to deliver on those promises, since orders can be disputed. :+1:

7 Likes

Nice idea :]

6 Likes

Okay now I get it a bit thanks

7 Likes

Basically, you can claim free balloons right now, and by making Hopscotch-related shops that take balloons, and by using them to buy Hopscotch-related products, we can make this thing work, with your help!

8 Likes

Oh okay, I understand all now thank you

6 Likes

hmmmm

6 Likes

Do you need help understanding anything? Iโ€™ve left a TL;DR summary here:

5 Likes

hey there, great topic!

cool currency.

5 Likes

Very cool! iโ€™ve been trying to find stuff to do recent thatโ€™s hopscotch related, itd be fun to open a shop for code requests and code help with an alternative to seeds, iโ€™ll probably open a code request & help shop in a different topic with balloon and seed purchases sometime soon.

7 Likes

Iโ€™m really happy to hear it!

@Temm, @ExplodingDucks, @DogIcing and anyone else planning to run a shop: if you all need help with anything balloon-related, like with setting up pricing, let me know - Iโ€™d be happy to help! And the list of holders is always public too, so you can ride the economy. :+1:

Feel free to charge cents too, so for example you could sell a trail art for :balloon:2.50 or :balloon:2.99 instead of trying to round it up or down! Especially early on, it might be worth charging slightly less for items.

10 Likes

This is epic and well thought out also I was wondering if you could add those free balloons you mentioned to my balance
(Never thought I would say that) canโ€™t wait to see this grow
Also would the shop be a topic or a game?

5 Likes