Balloons 🎈 [CURRENCY]

probably 1 but you cannot trade them with seeds

4 Likes

they are just balloons no coins, bills or anything other than digital balloons

5 Likes

You can’t do that

4 Likes

No just as a comparison price, like 1 seed is to _ balloons or 1 balloon is to _ hopbytes. Such as 1 US dollar is to _ pound sterlings

2 Likes

It’s cool, but since credit has to be paid back, I don’t want kids to be upset about debt, overdrafting, etcetera. Maybe someday it could be good as a separate system altogether though.

It’s still really interesting. I’ve been thinking about loans a little bit lately, and how to make them conform to the forum rules.

Thanks for your suggestion!

5 Likes

Here’s another question for you that might make it easier to understand: since everyone has 5 balloons, think about how many sales you could possibly make in competition with others to make the most out of it!

I was thinking maybe 10 seeds = 1 balloon, but it might not be too accurate in the scope of pop-ups right now.

6 Likes

What if you have no seeds… how do you get balloons

4 Likes

Balloons have no seed value. They are a separate, free to use currency all by themselves. You can get 5 free balloons by voting in the poll at the top of this topic.

7 Likes

Okie

5 Likes

I just updated the holders list! Looks like I forgot to commit my changes last night, haha.

@Jay, I’ve added you as an artist shopkeeper! Just remember to add something Hopscotch-related to your shop, so your shop topic can be officially allowed/doesn’t break any rules. :+1:

For example, maybe you could code your profile pictures, or draw and provide them as a Hopscotch project.

7 Likes

Also, shop topics are officially allowed now :tada: (as long as you sell mostly Hopscotch-related product(s) so they’re on topic, as far as I’m aware; so if you’re planning to draw, maybe selling sprites and art for games would be fun).
Figured I’d tag you all who were planning to make a shop, just to let you know: @DogIcing, @ExplodingDucks, @Temm

Here are my near future plans for balloons: I’m planning on launching a guide on how to make shops with balloons, as well as an official website for the currency and the holders list! Hopefully I can make that happen during the next few days.

10 Likes

Alright, now shops are officially officially allowed! Big thanks to @Yuanyuan and the leaders for all of your help to set this up!

I’ll be posting a topic on making great shops sometime today, for any currency. Be on the lookout! :)

7 Likes

Just an update - this guide has turned out to be pretty comprehensive, and I’ve had to do some additional research to put this together in the best way possible! With this being said, I’m still going to try my best to put this out by today.

7 Likes

I’m planning on making a coding shop using balloons, can you help me set it up?

3 Likes

I don’t understand what ‘shops’ are. Are they a like a project or is it like how you purchase seeds?

2 Likes

Sure! I’ve been working on a guide to help you and other Hopscotchers out with how to make them. :)
(It’s taken me a bit longer to write than I expected!)

@Stella, shops are separate topics or websites that you can sell products from, like coded requests or art!

4 Likes

Hmm okay

Thanks!

3 Likes

Okay I understand, thanks @Rawrbear!

2 Likes

One of the things I make sure to do with everything I write is to make sure all of the content is as helpful and accurate it can be! However, due to how much time that takes, it may also be one of my weaknesses. :sweat_smile:

For example, when I wrote essays in school, due to perfectionism I sometimes ended up being very meticulous with writing the beginning of the essay, and then ending up rushing the end of the essay anyways due to lack of time. This perfectionism is also the reason I edit forum posts so much after I post them. This habit costs me time, but I’m convinced that it makes my work the best it can be, which is why I haven’t dealt with it.

Basically, I’m really sorry the shopkeeping guide topic isn’t out today! I really meant to post it today, but partly because of life circumstances, as well as my own writing habits, it’s very close to being done, but not entirely complete.

Since I don’t have editing permissions five minutes after posting the topic, and because I want this topic to last for a very, very long time as a definitive guide, I ask for more time to make this topic really really good!

I tried to commit to finish today and failed to do so, but I promise I’ll try my hardest to put it out tomorrow! Thank you guys for being patient with me :heart:

12 Likes

Cool. Tag me when it’s done. That will be useful in making my shop. :slight_smile:

5 Likes