Bad CORS header on webplayer

1 sentence description of the problem:
The webplayer.min.js does not load in c.gethopscotch.com because it does not have the right CORS headers

Steps to reproduce the problem every time:
(Start in a blank draft if possible)

1. Open a project such as Polar Bear by Petrichor in a web browser
  2. It won’t let you play it
4 Likes

It worked when I tried it… (though I did have to force it to open in a new tab, then tap the link again to get it to open on the web rather than in the app)… maybe I just got lucky?

2 Likes

It works for me. What browser are you using?

2 Likes

There are times where clicking a link (especially the ones where the preview failed to load due to missing OpenGL tags) will sometimes result in the page saying “try again later”

3 Likes

It also worked for me…

oh weird, I’m using brave and chrome, and rawrbear also got this issue

It’s also broken in safari.

Are you sure it lets you play the project?

2 Likes

Yes, at least in Firefox it does.

1 Like

that’s odd, for me on my really ol version of firefox (113 i think) it is still broken.
It also doesnt work on safari on my phone.

What color is the background when you get the two squares to overlap?

1 Like

It’s blue

1 Like

is it only me and rawrbear with htis issue?

2 Likes

Interestingly, this affects every single project link for me at the moment, not just your Polar Bear one (haha nice project btw). I was able to download EDITOR_INDEX separately from the link provided in console, but CORS won’t let it embed on the player site for some reason. :thinking:

Updating Firefox didn’t fix it… But maybe it’s something related to our browser security settings?

1 Like

maybe, but I first noticed it on what i think is completely default chrome.

@I_Cant_Code does it still work if you clear your browser’s cache?

2 Likes

How do I do that :sweat_smile:

idk, it depends on the browser. Google it for your specific browser. A lot of times it’ll be a single button to also clear your history, but I think there’s usually a button that won’t do that.

1 Like

Well

It still works

1 Like

that’s so weird lol

1 Like

i can confirm that it loads correctly with no cors error on chrome, firefox, firefox dev

2 Likes

^^ me too
its weird tho

2 Likes

Possibly a settings issue

2 Likes

it also works for me when I open it in a private window with tor in brave so i wonder if it just doesnt like a certain geographical region? this is so strange lol

3 Likes