Automatically unfollow bug

Use this template to make awesome bug reports:

Your username: Cute little kitty cat :cat2:

What kind of device are you using?: iPad

1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened): I followed someone then I followed a few other people but then I couldn’t find the projects that person made in my following section and when I checked thier profile, it wasn’t following but I clearly remember following that person

Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:
1.follow a bunch a people
2. Wait
….

I expected this to happen: I’m following the person

But instead this happened: it unfollowed automatically

Here’s a sweet screenshot: I don’t think screenshot will make sense since I refollowed the person

7 Likes

Can you do a video?

Also it might be your internet

6 Likes

If you spam follow people, the Hopscotch system might not be able to keep up with it, could also be an internet issue.

A quick solve is to try to wait about a minute before you follow someone else. If this doesn’t work, and Hopscotch isn’t recording the people you follow even if you do so slowly, let me know and I can give you some solutions.

4 Likes

This sounds like a weird bug indeed! Are you able to try this again and see if the problem persists, this time taking note which users that you follow? It will probably help The Hopscotch Team with debugging.

Some possible solutions that I can think about:

• As others said, it might be your internet connection or the Hopscotch servers that temporarily restricts you because you’ve performed the same action too fast.

• It might also be the fact that you just have to restart Hopscotch or close + reopen the particular person’s profile

• You could also check if it is your internet connection by visiting this website, scrolling to “Test settings”, and then pressing “Start test” (you don’t have to change any of the settings). Wait for the test to complete (takes around 10 seconds). If the result page shows a low number for “Total packet loss”, your internet should be just fine. If it shows a high percentage, wait a few minutes and redo the test and see if that high percentage persists. If so, it might be a problem with your internet connection.

6 Likes