Autism awareness month challenge

I put challenge in the title but it’s not really a competition just if I see any projects on it I’ll give them a mushroom :slight_smile:

Anyways April is Autism Awareness Month and April 2nd is Autism Awareness Day! I feel like a lot of people misunderstand autism, and don’t really get what it is. A lot of people have one idea of what autism is and think every autistic person acts that way, when in reality we’re all different. Also autism is often goes undiagnosed or misdiagnosed, especially in girls and people of color. I’ve seen awareness projects for BLM and LGBTQ people but not really any for autistic or other neurodivergent people. It’s important to spread awareness about these kind of things too!

So for the “challenge” I think it’d be cool if a couple of people could post a project on April 1st. It could be anything like it could just say happy autism awareness month or it could be a drawing/trail art of a ribbon with colored puzzle pieces (the autism awareness ribbon, you can google it). It could be informational and reference resources for people to check out and learn more about autism like the Autistic Self Advocacy Network or the Autistic Women & Nonbinary Network. Please don’t however reference Autism Speaks since they are ableist and don’t actually support autistic people.

Link any projects here and I’ll like them and might give it a mushroom. If no one does it that’s fine too I just think it’s a cool idea and I hope you all have a happy Autism Awareness Month and look more into what you can do to make the world a more safe space for autistic people :heart:

30 Likes

I’ll get started on one!

Sadly, it’ll have to be kind of simple because I’m also working on a project for the CC competition, so yeah.

7 Likes

@Here1Am so I’ll have to publish it on April 1st?

7 Likes

Preferably, if it’s a couple days after though it doesn’t really matter

5 Likes

Ok, got it

4 Likes

Can I submit it before April 1st?

4 Likes

If you like sure. I’d prefer in April since that’s the month but it doesn’t matter much:)

4 Likes

Ok, I’ll submit in April (I might forget lol)

4 Likes

Nvm I’ll submit it now (idk why I changed my mind so much)

7 Likes

Can u fix the link?

4 Likes
5 Likes

Oh wow this is really cool! And I can believe you made it so fast!

4 Likes

Thank you!

4 Likes

That’s a great project

4 Likes

Should I plant it as well?

3 Likes

Sure, if you really like it

5 Likes

If you like! I left a plant already, I think it’s worthy of plants

5 Likes

Hold on a sec