Australian (Q+A) myths and facts project🇦🇺

Soon I will be doing a project which includes myths and facts about Australia. I live in Australia and I often wonder what people from other countries think about Australia and the people who live here. It would be awesome if you had any questions that I could answer and put in the project!:slight_smile:

21 Likes

FIRST
Awesome! :D

It sounds great!

Some Questions...

Have you been to the Great barrier Reef?

What is Australian food and culture like?

2 Likes

I'm not MelodiousParrot, but Australian food is basically normal food except with Marmite on it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Then there's all the desserts like lamingtons and pavlovas...

3 Likes

I think they have cool accents! :D

3 Likes

Thanks for your questions!

1. Yes, I have been to the Great Barrier Reef. It's not as colourful as it is usually portrayed but it was still beautiful and awesome to see all the different varieties of coral.

2. I would say that Australian food and culture is a mix of everything. We are a very multicultural country with people of many different backgrounds and ethnicities. Having a barbecue outside in the summer is definitely one of my favourite parts of Aussie culture.

5 Likes

Nice! :D

I've always wanted to go to Australia, my dad lived there, working , for 5 years!

2 Likes

It's always weird when you are watching an American TV show and an Aussie actor comes on. Their accent always sounds really weird when compared to the Americans and I wonder to myself, do I sound like that?

3 Likes

Lol, we Americans probably have an accent to you Australians, right? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

You mean vegemite. We don't have marmite, it's vegemite.

5 Likes

Do you mean vegemite? In my personal opinion it doesn't taste very nice. In fact, I'm pretty sure about 50 percent of Aussies don't like it!

I love pavlova! It's really yum (and sugary)!

3 Likes

Yes we do, but Vegemite is more common XD

I'm always eating Marmite in Australia!

If you're thinking it's British, well, it is, but the stuff is also Down Under :P

2 Likes

We don't notice it so much as we see and hear a lot of Americans on TV and in movies. But sometimes it is funny when it's a really obvious accent.

3 Likes

I mean Vegemite and Marmite :stuck_out_tongue:

I like (insert vege or mar) mite!

I KNOW PAVLOVA IS SOOOO SUGARY YEY

3 Likes

Yes you do XD

I've picked up a bit of an American accent from living in America tho :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

So this is a little story:
One of my friends went to live in England for a few years and one day someone asked her if us Aussies went to school riding in the pouches of kangaroos. I guess thats just what people think of when they think about Australia. When my friend came back and told us we all cracked up laughing because of course it's a myth.:joy:

5 Likes

Nope !
Acutially yes
Why are there so many kangaroos and Koalas in Australia ?

2 Likes

I'm not quite sure why. All I know is that they are native to Australia and they live in bush land/ more rural areas.

2 Likes

Does anybody have some quick questions before I have to go to sleep?

Yeah I've heard that one before lol :joy:

For the record I don't believe that!

Hmm, uh,
What are the laws like?

Not really lol. Can't think of any. G'night btw!

1 Like