Attention iPad 2 or iPad 3-4 users!

If you have an iPad 2 or iPad 3/4, you are most likely affected by a bug that doesn’t allow you to view newer Hopscotch shapes.

TEST for people with iPad 2 or iPad 3/4

To test this, open project1 and project2. Take a screenshot of both projects after they have loaded so that I can see what shapes you see.

ONLY POST YOUR TEST RESULTS IF YOU ARE ON AN IPAD 2 OR IPAD 3/4 OR IF YOU DON’T SEE ALL THE SHAPES

Why do I want this information?

• To test a hypothesis of how a Hopscotch bug has occurred
  • To show THT who is experiencing this issue so that they are able to see what other people are experiencing the bug.

tagging people

@omtl

12 Likes

Ah, got it Yusa!
Also the first reply

3 Likes
Some of them work, but most of them don't. And the ones that show up only do so half the time

6 Likes

If you only see those shapes, you are definitely experiencing the bug. If you know anyone else with an iPad 4, please tag them over here.

5 Likes

I know lol cuz I’m the one that brought the bug up in the first place :stuck_out_tongue:

Only 6 but we share a device so he sees the same as the pics I shared above

6 Likes

Outdated JavaScript on iOS 9?

Yeah, that’s most likely the cause of the bug. You can tell because most projects don’t load in the web browser.

Since the software is too old, Hopscotch is going to be in a predicament of either dropping support or delaying their releases to make it compatible. Sadly, I don’t think they have the resources to test this.

Users of these devices should be able to use editor versions 24 and below (old editor) without any issues.

4 Likes

I have iOS 10 and before some fixes and updates it didn’t work on my IOS 12 iPhone either so it might be something else tho

I’ll try that tho, thanks

3 Likes

Shapes did not work on phone? I thought your phone had a separate issue.

iOS 10 might have that issue but that shouldn’t be the case. My assessment of the situation must have been flawed somewhere.

2 Likes

It didn’t work at first but after your fix and some official hs updates it started working again.
Fix didn’t work on my iPad tho, neither did the other updated things

Maybe

3 Likes

I think I just realized why this is happening. Try this solution.

@FearlessPhoenix @Yusamac205 @CodingRoyale

Because of the way the player works, this is happening:

1. The project is on a player version 1.0.0 to 1.0.4
  2. The project will always run 1.0.4 for these projects, according to HS programming, and always 1.0.4 in a web browser.
  3. There is a bug in 1.0.3 and 1.0.4 that makes it so you can’t see the shapes.
  4. Therefore, all projects cannot render these shapes. The issue also applies to players 1.1.0 and above, but let’s not focus on that (it’s practically the same thing except no 1.1.0 versions are stable for you)

How you can fix it:

1. Go to iTunes Hopscotch Files
  2. Save the webplayer folder to your desktop.
  3. Go to webplayer \ versions \ 1.0.2 and copy the webplayer File.
  4. Go to webplayer \ versions \ 1.0.4 and paste the file. Click “replace”.
  5. You now have 1.0.2 in the place of 1.0.4. Drag the webplayer folder back to iTunes and click “merge”. This will sync the old webplayer to your iPad.
  6. Go to Hopscotch and hope your shapes get fixed. This works for drafts with player version 1.0.0 through 1.0.4 only. I don’t recommend also applying this to 1.1.5 because of features such as Z index

Why iTunes? The only affected iOS versions are ones that do not have file access (10 and below)

4 Likes

I have an iPad 2, but I’m unable to download and use Hopscotch on it, sorry.

3 Likes

I don’t have access to a computer now, but I will do it when I get home.

Are there any feature differences between the two players versions?

1 Like

New shapes added in a later one. Which means shape rendering could have changed and caused this.

I found the problem. There is no 1.0.4 player version on my iPad. Could you please link it to me so I can download it?

1 Like

Hold on, that’s odd. You have the latest Hopscotch version too?

Which do you have of the following? 1.1.1, 1.1.5, 1.1.6, 1.2.0

1 Like

What are you asking for?

Hopscotch Version 3.37.2
Player Version: 1.2.1

I copied those off of the “About” section that you find when you click the gear icon on the top right of your “Me” page on Hopscotch.

2 Likes

In your webplayer versions folder, what folders do you see

1monthedittest

1 Like

1 Like

That may be the cause of the bug, assuming that file transfer was made after your latest update for the HS app. @Ana
@FearlessPhoenix are those the same folders that show up for you?

And both of you, can you still play projects on a web browser normally?

1 Like

Oh, wait, no, I cannot play the projects normally in a web-browser… I think that’s game over, and we lose :disappointed::confounded:

Also, it’s Apple’s fault.

1 Like