Ask for extra confirmation to update projects

Continuing the discussion from Bug with Hopscotch:
It’s very easy to accidentally update a project and you can’t undo it. It would make sense have an alert come up and ask for confirmation just to make sure you don’t accidentally permanently break your project.

20 Likes

Good point

2 Likes

I think that should also happen when you remix a project.

I don’t think I had any problems with projects deleting. Then again, I save my projects to my profile (because I like to play them for if I somehow go offline).

3 Likes

Why is it necessary for remixing projects? That doesn’t change any code in the original project, just creates a new one.

She probably accidentally updated, the update button is where the remix button used to be.

5 Likes

Because ashley.ballet remixed a project and it somehow deleted the old project

3 Likes

Well, maybe someone wants to alert somebody? Because when you remix, the person who made it will see it in the ‘notification’ place.

3 Likes

I think she double checked to make sure she pressed the right button.

2 Likes

Yes gr8 idea

2 Likes

I dont have the update button

3 Likes

Instead of an extra confirmation button, the “Publish” button should just say “Update” – that way it would not annoy the user with a popup every time for an intentional update.

@Elizabeth @AwesomeOnion any thoughts?

8 Likes

Can you update the app at least? The latest version is 3.44.0

2 Likes

When you decide to make a project update, you can back out, but if you already updated it, there’s no going back. Hopscotch should save the old version to your drafts just in case.

4 Likes

Did you unpublish-publish or update? / remix?

1 Like

This would be great to have, and something that seems easy to implement. But why add this for only the update projects? You should be able to have confirmation for remixes and just regular drafts as well! Also, just a little tip for everybody: To check to see if you’ve updated or remixed a project, after pushing the update or remix button, always check the title by the thumbnail, and if it says ‘remix’ by the original title, it’s a remix, and if there isn’t than it’s an update. So just check the title by the thumbnail before you publish, just to make sure you don’t do anything you don’t want to do, until and after this gets implemented. Yes, I’m going to make sure this gets implemented. It needs to (nothing I can really do if it isn’t but still lol)

3 Likes

do you have the latest version?

2 Likes

Or, if necessary, an additional disclaimer text under that button.

1 Like

Yes, i always do it

2 Likes

Another thing on this note, I just went into my drafts and clicked on my project that I worked really really hard on for HHC, and it deleted all of my code :(((

Don’t worry! I have about 30 backups and I make 2-3 backups when I add something

1 Like

go to one of your projects → ••• → Update project

Oof! But what if the code gets deleted when you enter your backups? This sort of thing has not happened to me.

1 Like