Art pad update suggestions!

Hi everyone! I’m gonna add some updates to my art pad on hopscotch. Any cool ideas or colours I could add? If you have and idea, reply with what it is and how I could do it! Same with colours, tell me the Hue, Saturation and Brightness numbers and I’ll add it! Looking forward to suggestions!
Here’s the link: Art pad! Updates coming soon! #art #simulation by Holiday11

9 Likes

A undo and redo button.

5 Likes

Move the red boxes closer to the sides so there’s more room to draw, or add a cursor option, or both. and maybe HSB 250,100,100.

8 Likes

Some pastel colors would be great. Here are their HSB numbers:

Pastel Red

Hue: 9
Saturation: 62
Brightness: 91

Pastel Orange

Hue: 26
Saturation: 51
Brightness: 100

Pastel Yellow

Hue: 54
Saturation: 96
Brightness: 98

Pastel Green

Hue: 76
Saturation: 95
Brightness: 95

Pastel Blue

Hue: 180
Saturation: 49
Brightness: 97

Pastel Purple

Hue: 266
Saturation: 49
Brightness: 97

The pastel purple is my personal favorite :purple_heart:

6 Likes

Sounds cool! Any tips on how to do that? (I’m not that good of a coder🙃)

3 Likes

Ok! I’ll try and add those in!

4 Likes

Have you got mirror mode? If not please add it. Could you please link your art pad in your next post, it would be rather helpful.

3 Likes

@Tri-Angle should be able to help you with that. They’re great when it comes to strings.

2 Likes

oof, yes im indeed good with strings but i never tried something similar to this before - i have an idea how to do undo redo but firstly you’d need the code to know how to draw on its own :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Kind of like @Crosbyman64’s maze solver. You could just backtrack drawing a white trial.
Edit: oh wait that would not work as it would remove anything that was on it before.

1 Like

it’s not that easy - you cant backtrack a drawn trail, you need to redraw everything

2 Likes

Yep I said that in my edit.

2 Likes

Just save the position’s of the points to set position to in order.

2 Likes

would take too long if it’s a big drawing, and who know if i can really store every xy each frame?

2 Likes

Not each frame but instead do it before you move the object that’s drawing. I saw it before somewhere but I can’t remember the name.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, Undo / Redo only works for trails made out of hundreds of Hopscotch shapes.

It could also be done by clearing and redrawing some of the trails, but that would take forever and/or has much less quality than usual.

4 Likes