Art pad 2.3 worksn't

i’m sure that’s what i did, but what i did is wrong & i’m about to fix it

2 Likes

ok i just did two things. one, i fixed the character index that the clones were looking at to construct their color data & fixed the saturation & brightness values checking it accordingly. and two, i realized the whole time i was adding the length of the clones’s color data to itself as a string instead of using that to find the second page color [yes i didn’t realize that until now] & fixed that.

all colors are exactly right now, & all page 3 colors are displaying correctly! only two things to fix now: the still broken save files [which i can probably figure out] and the far left column shifting down 1 & breaking the bottom left square [which i may still need your help on] hooray!

3 Likes

never mind i can’t figure out the save files

help me

4 Likes

Should top the elft be yellow? I got that by subtracting one from clone index because clone index 0 isn’t actually used

is this intentional?

4 Likes

no it should be red like in version 2.2

yes

so basically if you subtract 1 from the range of 1 =< x < 11 [which encoding as a string does] you get 0 =< x < 10. in this range, integers are one character long, so i add a “0” before it [e.g. “04”] so the saturation value stays two characters long, and therefore the whole color stays eight characters long

also i just realized i don’t need to account for the difference of 1 for hue let me go fix that

e: here we go

3 Likes

that makes sense, i expected that and was surprised hwen i saw that You accidentally reversed the numbers though, so it will never be true

4 Likes

yeah that was very silly of me, good thing i caught that though

4 Likes

yes you are very observant, definitely didnt have to have it looked at closely by multiple people many times to catch that :+1:

4 Likes

right so what is the save files doing wrong now

3 Likes

its encoding saturation and brightness as 3 digits (“099” for 100), at least in the simplest case of all of them being > 10

and this looks very intentional?

3 Likes

i thought i flipped the < signs around on all conditionals [so they are correct] on every veraion starting with “they should all be braynee color”

3 Likes

i didnt check that but i just tested the one case becausethat is easier than like 8

3 Likes

well i will test stuff on these save files starting tomorrow

i would like to work on bfsrc 11 for the rest of the night bye

4 Likes

hi it is tomorrow

i figured out what is wrong with save files: basically when i saved to the save files i set the save files’s original object color data to [everything before this save file] + [active color] + [everything after this save file]. and for the “everything after this save file” part i just checked the wrong character index

anyway now the only other thing left is getting that darn column of color squares to shift down 1 & i have no clue how

e: i have clue how!! final version of 2.3 is releasing shortly

4 Likes

i figured it out, it was a bit confusing because the left column is what is the right column in 2.2 but you ahould subtract 1 from the clone index so it doesn’t start at the second color

4 Likes

yeah that was what it was

also as i said in a subnote in the op there are some other features i’d like to add to 2.3 that weren’t in the beta so maybe it won’t release “shortly”

4 Likes

yo i just realized today exactly is the five-year anniversary of my art pad!

hooray!!

3 Likes

good news, bad news, guys. bad news, tyca and snowdust have fixes that break each other, so i either have to forgo the isnbn pen or accept lag. good news, i decided to shrug and ditch the isnbn pen until 2.4, because, as far as everything else goes, art pad 2.3 works!!

i’m going to keep this topic unsolved so as to be able to bugfix the bad news when 2.4 rolls around

4 Likes

never mind tyca fixed it

thanks @Cutelittlekittycat
petrichor gets solution 'cause they did most of the work

bye bye topic

4 Likes

what? tyca? Is that a hopscotcher?

5 Likes