Are there any Hopscotch (GAMES) coded with only 'Trails" visible?

On Scratch there are games coded where everything onscreen is made using "Pen"
Hopscotch doesn't have "Touches color", so i'd like to know if anyone's seen or made a game where everything visible is made using Trails only?

Please reply with links to Hopscotch projects if anyone has found any games matching the description i described.
(games only, not trail art,drawings,abstract art)
@OMTL

Nah

I left hopscotch

I doubt it, trails cannot interact at all with commands.

I have thought of making it, but it is pretty hard to do in HS. Trails has a little "drawing delay" if you want them to change location and if you want to remove a trail, the effective and fast way is by using the "Clear" block, but it clears all the trails so you would have to re-draw a lot of trails just to remove a singe trail.

And, to get trails interactive, you would need invisible text because there is no "When object bumps trail", like there are with shapes and text. @PIANOMAN and you (@Stradyvarious) already mentioned it above.

Trails has a little "drawing delay" if you want them to change location and if you want to remove a trail, the effective and fast way is by using the "Clear" block, but it clears all the trails so you would have to re-draw a lot of trails just to remove a singe trail.

And, to get trails interactive, you would need invisible text because there is no "When object bumps trail", like there are with shapes and text.

These aren't necessarily limiters to creating a game entirely from trails. Though one would have to ask why that would be advantageous.

The game would need to be setup where each trail was a separate text object and all trails would redraw every frame. Collisions could be done with math.

Since the Hopscotch Player quality & performance is rubbish I've been making games that entirely avoid (or at least minimize) the use of bumps. Most recently I've been tinkering (not yet published) with a high performance version of Break Out:

No When Bumps are used anywhere in the code. The collisions (with the edge, bricks, and bumper) are done entirely with math. This is done to avoid lag that's inherent with When Bump events. It's a shame that we can write higher level code that detects bumps more efficiently than the Hopscotch Player collision engine, but alas that's just the current state of Hopscotch.

Anyway, I digressed. The bricks and ball use Shape objects, but since there are no When Bumps, those graphics could also be created with dynamic trails. However this would require the same number of text "pens" as Shape objects so I don't see any advantage to doing that.

@ThinBuffalo @William04GamerA

I only mentioned "Trails" visible.
I didn't mention bumping/touching trails.
As @ThinBuffalo mentioned, checking X/y post and erasing can delete trails

I'll mention more later.

I made that, I haven’t seen anything with more pen art

The text is not pen

And it’s probably not the kind of game that you are thinking of, no redrawing really just the graphics
I am pretty sure that the buttons are Check if x > ? And check if y> ?
So the hit boxes aren’t sprite based

@AHappyCoder @ThinBuffalo @William04GamerA @t1_hopscotch

At least 1 of you know how to code this.
The moving platforms are trails and the ball bounces off the trail if it's underneath the ball.

I have coded a trail ball with Tynker.
It involved continually changing the pen size and color while the trail balls falling and erasing the balls trail when it rises.

I understand! This is really cool!

Yes, I didn't think of that! You can use math and it will work, and even though it is a little more advanced, it won't be the biggest challenge ever to make a good trail art project.

I think I understand how you did it. It's really cook.

I used the y position in my thanksgiving game last year because bumps lagged the game a whole lot.

Not sure I understand how it works, but it’s very well made!
I made some modifications myself

Edit
Now I understand it’s very well done!

@Stradyvarious, et al

I decided to make a little test project to try adding kinematics. Just dynamic trails and math.

I suppose a number of games could be made from this. For some reason I was quite amused just making the ball bounce left & right without losing control.

Wow, that is amazing! It is a really cool project and fun to play with!

I bet you could make 1 finger tap games, like a tapper or geometry dash. (But geometry dash would take forever.)

I made a new version that has a, I don't know, spark maybe instead of the ball to accentuate the use of trails

Better or not?

Cool effect :smiley:
Your project will likely inspire some new ideas and code for games by other forum members.:wink:

I hope so. I liked you're expanding platforms. For some reason it reminded me of the hazards in the old Nintendo game Pitfall.