Are subscripts possible?

Does anyone know any way I could create a subscript in Hopscotch? (Without creating multiple values.)

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Sorry for not being more clear. A subscript looks like an exponent but below a number. It's job is to create multiple values with only one value. For example, let's say I name a value NUMBER. Because of subscripts I can have NUMBER1, NUMBER2, NUMBER3, etcetera. With only this one NUMBER value. ( I hope this clears things up :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.)

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Sorry, not yet. You could find a topic about next updates and add that in. I wouldn't make a new topic because there are so many updat chats already. Good idea though.

What also bugs me is that the if blocks can only have equals, not equals, bigger than, or smaller than for items to put in it. I wish it could be like a when statement. Like if touching spring, jump. Or something like that. Rather than making a bunch of variables containing one or zerot to activate something.

@Cocoa1106, are you referring to the ability to simply display text as superscript or subscript, or are you referring to indexed variables, such as arrays or matrices?

That's what I thought. Both could be useful, though.

The seconded one. I know it's probably not possible at the moment. But I thought I'd ask

In which case, the straightforward answer would be "no." Hopscotch does not have provisions for arrays or matrices. At least not explicitly. I have posed this question myself. I have since cooked-up a method for creating these using "clones." It works, but I hardly consider it practical.

Speaking of clones... Hopscotch can get so laggy, that the app just quits. I think that there should be a little more resistance. This way clone projects (like yours) can be built more complex and not quit.

I think so,....... Not shopur

I don't think so...
:cry:

Hey, Valgo... is that a real tear? :laughing:

Hey, I bet you could put this hack to work: re-purpose a set of clones. Let each clone get an "a d d r e s s" (silly word filter!), encoded in its rotation (or whatever attribute you prefer). Assign the "value" to some other attribute, like its position or something. Of course you'd probably want the clones to all be invisible, off-screen or something. Then, to parse the clones (your hacked array) you use an "if rotation = addr..." to retrieve the value. You can even do multi-dimensional arrays (i.e. matrices) this way. Erm... not that you'd find it very practical. It's painfully s...l...o...w... though it works. :sunglasses:

Oi! Oh, that's a great idea. I never would have thought of using the position (or rotation) as a way to generate these values. Thanks! :open_mouth:

Ooh! I didn't think of that!

I did it, just to demonstrate. The only issue is that the clones turn when they're assigned a value. I used rotation for it.

Yep. That's why, as I mentioned before, you might not even want your array or clone matrix entities to be visible or on-screen. Of course, if you want to use them as a sort of temporary recording medium that you can still see, you could always use a different combinatiin of attributes as the addr.ses and the stored values. Or, consider this: if you use rotationally-symmetric entities, then their addr.ses won't cause any visible change.

Valgo, I would be thrilled, if you found this useful enoug to put into a game. Just think of the potentials. Right now, every game we make requires all variables to be explicitly defined. Using what i've suggested gives us a chance to give our games temporary memory that we can fill formulaically or programmatically, on the fly. See where I am goin' with this? :slight_smile:

Used cleverly, you can go places and do things with arrays thst you just can't without them. If you think about it, this is one of the enablers for "4D4U". I'm glad if you like the hack. I've got a few more such "hacks" that i can mention some other time. :sunglasses:

:grinning:! I'd really like to see what else you've come up with!

Hey, @Valgo, that's totally mutual. I really like your stuff. Even more, I like talking to people who share my enthusiasm for unconventional solutions and brainstorming with them, even if the results are a little esoteric. :blush: