Are In-Project Purchases a Good Idea?

In the “Top Games” category in Hopscotch, there are several projects in which you can use your own seeds to buy things in the games. While these purchases benefit creators and THT, hopscotchers with few seeds may be opposed to the idea. Others may also fear of getting ripped off.

What do you think? Should Hopscotch monetize their app in this way, or are in-project purchases a bad idea? You be the judge!

Should THT use in-project purchases?
  • Yes
  • No
  • I’m not sure

0 voters

10 Likes

I’m not sure.
omg! First post!

6 Likes

Same. Some dilemmas like this are hard to answer yes or no 100%.

3 Likes

All projects on that tab actually. It was part of the seed developers program. More information on this blog post!

7 Likes

When I say “several projects”, I mean “a small number of projects under the tab”.

3 Likes

I’m one of the many hopscotchers who wish they had seeds.

5 Likes

Lol, me too.

—CoCo

4 Likes

There should be an option to donate seeds

3 Likes

Me too.

4 Likes

Or like maybe, get seeds from mushrooms?

—CoCo

5 Likes

In retrospect, I don’t think that there is a very big chance of this happening when you play games in the “Top Games” category. However, if the option to use in-project purchases becomes completely public, then we would have an issue.

2 Likes

Yea, at least in the immediate future this block will only be used by users approved by THT. As of right now that’s only the users on the top games tab aswell as the others listed in the blog post

5 Likes

Who knows :man_shrugging:t4:

Maybe you’ll get some one day

2 Likes

Ok. BTW, I’m kinda curious about something. What does the block look like?

1 Like

Like this:

4 Likes

I just noticed you are in my game’s draft. I know that star from anywhere…

1 Like

Was I :eyes:

Quite an amazing project btw

2 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

Maybe, im not sure what it’ll be…
I mean the bad thing is they will remix the paid projects and rip off theirs to paid
but i still want to keep it, since it creates a fair game

4 Likes

Should be impossible atm

3 Likes