April 2017 Hopscotch Campaign

Hello! Welcome To The April 2017 Hopscotch Campaigns!

As you may know @LegendOfFriday has left our forum. He has asked me, @MiNi, if I would like to keep the campaigns going for Hopscotch Forum President!

I have accepted the job and I am going to be taking over the campaigns since @LegendOfFriday is gone. Each month I will create a new topic for the campaign. It will be 11-10 days before the actual month.

What is Hopscotch President?

Well, Hopscotch president is a job that you will be elected for.
You will campaign like a real presidential election and you will gain supporters.

Rules

Here are some rules for the elections.

• Be kind to all candidates in the election.
  • Don't be upset if you dont win! You can always run next month!
  • You can run twice and that's all. After running once you can run again, but you after that you're done for the year. Hopefully we will keep this campaign going until next year and if you have run twice in 2017 you can run again in 2018 :D

I will be selecting the first three people who fill out the form to enter the elections to run.

Form:

How can you help as Hopscotch Forum President?
What are some ideas you have?
What do you think is a major issue on the forum?
What are some ways you could help stop the issue?
Tell us about yourself! (what is your favorite game, who is your favorite Hopscotcher, etc.)
On a scale from 1-10 please honestly rate how active you think you are!

Candidates This Month (April 2017):
@Artistic_cat - Great job getting this far!
@DECODECO - Nice job!
@Aether - Good luck

Amazing people who ran for the first section!
@Sensei_Coder
@Refugeecat123
@Kitty4U

Good luck everyone!
-MiNi

Announcments

Please Vote Here To Narrow Down The Candidates!

16 Likes

How can you help as Hopscotch Forum President? I can help by trying to calm down flame wars, and trying to keep the forum on topic.
What are some ideas you have? Instead of yelling at people who are being trolls, thank the people who are being helpful. If someone is constantly trolling your topic, there should be an option to block them from replying.
What do you think is a major issue on the forum? People trying to create drama so they get popular
What are some ways you could help stop the issue? One thing you can do to stop drama is to just ignore it entirely. There is no point in feeding the flame.
Tell us about yourself! (what is your favorite game, who is your favorite Hopscotcher, etc.) I like video games (Mainly RPGs), my favorite HSer is @FoodDelivery, and I am in 6th Grade

5 Likes

Great answers! You are now a candidate! :D

@Artistic_cat and @Refugeecat123 would either of you like to participate?

4 Likes

Why am I doing this? Lol..

2 Likes

How can you help as Hopscotch Forum President? I can help others who are feeling down, reduce flame wars and try to stop flame wars as they're happening!
What are some ideas you have? I dunno lol
What do you think is a major issue on the forum? Flame wars, and unnecessary flags.
What are some ways you could help stop the issue? To start a friendly campaign to reduce unnecessary flags, and to stop flame wars as they occur!
Tell us about yourself! (what is your favorite game, who is your favorite Hopscotcher, etc.) I love Dümb Ways to Die, Color Switch, and Geometry Dash, I really like Madi, Maltese, Valgo, and KVJ, and you can check my bio for my favorite stuff!

1 Like

Okay great posts @Kitty4U and @Sensei_Coder!

3 Likes

Okay! Thank you :))

2 Likes

I think you're basic now @HopscotchCampaigns! Also, thanks for letting me run!

2 Likes

How can you help as Hopscotch Forum President?
Making everyone feel like we are always there for people

What are some ideas you have?
Organization for topics, very.

What do you think is a major issue on the forum?
The rant that THT is targeting girls to code.

What are some ways you could help stop the issue?
Telling everyone that THT wants equality and supports girls to code as much as boys

Tell us about yourself! (what is your favorite game, who is your favorite Hopscotcher, etc.)

Hi mini :wave:

Announcment Time!

Everyone! Each election I would like to try something new :D

So, this election we will have two polls instead of one!
In the first poll we will have 5-6 people who would like to run for president and then I will take the top 2-3 people to bring to the official polls!

The users listed below are the users that will be placed in the first poll

1.@Sensei_Coder
2.@Kitty4U
3.@Aether
4.@DECODECO
5.@Artistic_cat
6. full

3 Likes

@Sensei_Coder, @Kitty4U, @DECODECO, @Aether.

I am waiting for one more person to put in the form to join the campaigns. Once I have a fifth person I will create the poll to narrow down the amount of people. :)

6 Likes

Okay!

1 Like

Ugh, sorry for tagging you all so much, but I need your answers for the campaign.

We want a president that can manage being active on here!
In my opinion active would be— 4-5 days out of 7 days.

@Sensei_Coder @DECODECO @Kitty4U @Aether

4 Likes

Honestly, I spend 90 percent of me time here.

2 Likes

Probably an 8. It depends tho—on weekends it's like a 9, but on some weekdays it's more like a 6 or 7.

Also, the WiFi at our house is crazy weird, so sometimes I might not be on a whole lot.

2 Likes

How will the supposed "president" help the community more with a little title?

3 Likes

9.000000001 lol
Off on weekends :\

Understood :)

@Maltese it isn't anything too serious. It is mainly for having a fun title, and even if it may be small I think people still enjoy it.

3 Likes

What powers? Technically a HS Prez won't have any powers

3 Likes

Good point :)
I think I'll edit that part out. One minute ;)

5 Likes