Apply for the Spring 2021 Seed Developer Program!

Hey Hopscotchers!

We’re excited to kick off the Spring 2021 Seed Developer program - ChartreuseDandelion, and we want YOU to join us!

Background

We created the Seed Developer Program for Hopscotchers to monetize their projects with in-app purchases. This way, you can start earning seeds (our Hopscotch virtual currency) from your Hopscotch projects!

We had two successful programs in the past, both of which were invitation-only, and we’re excited to open applications to the community, so people have a chance to showcase their talent!

Program Overview

As a Seed Developer, you’ll be added to a private category on the Hopscotch forum, where you can meet fellow Seed Developers in the program. You’ll also receive developer resources, workshops, and mentorship from the Hopscotch team to help you create your project.

The program takes place for 5 weeks, and it will start at the end of March and last through April. During the 5 weeks, you will create a new project, or update an existing project to add the seeds feature. You will attend weekly check-ins and workshops hosted by the Hopscotch team to keep progressing at a steady rate.

Weekly check-in is mainly conducted via online conversation on the forum. The workshops will likely be a webinar styled video chat, where the participants won’t need to speak or show their face.

Once your project is finished, it’ll be published on the front page of the Hopscotch app in the Top Games category for you to start earning seeds!

Deadline for submitting the application
March 19, 2021, 11:59 PM EST

After reviewing all the applications, we will reach out to you via email if you’re selected. Make sure you fill in a valid email address!

47 Likes

First Post!

Woahh! Can’t believe this is happening.

8 Likes

Very fun :)) Sic to see this finally out haha

12 Likes

Wait, is this like only a select few people who sign up?
Or if you sign up, you’re guaranteed to become one?

Just wondering since it wasn’t specified in the post…

5 Likes

You will fill out an application, and we will notify you if you’re selected!

16 Likes

:0

4 Likes

will users have to get parental permission to participate if they’re selected? (If they’re under 18 that is)

10 Likes

Yes. You will need parental consent if you’re selected

15 Likes

oh
so like a video chat? or just some form?

6 Likes

Your guardian will need to sign a form.

16 Likes

What is a ‘weekly check in’? Is it a video call, or a just an online conversation?

3 Likes

Yessssss i must apply

2 Likes

Weekly check-in is mainly conducted via online conversation. The workshops will likely be a webinar styled video chat, where the participants won’t need to speak or show their face.

Great questions! I will add them to the top so more people can see. Thanks!

15 Likes

In the form it asks about featured projects, does this refer to just masterpieces or excellent and rising too?

also, who’s this?

3 Likes

Features is typically just Excellent and Masterpieces :))

As for CD, I think that’s just what they’re naming the program

4 Likes

It’s the name of the program! Dandelion spreads seeds far away, and since we’re opening the application to the community for the first time, we’re hoping to reach a lot of people and expand the program in the future.

Chartreuse is a shade of yellow-green.

You can feel free to put any projects in the tabs of Rising, Excellent, Masterpieces or Top Game

17 Likes

@yuanyuan, do you have any ideas as to how many people will be included?

4 Likes

Roughly 20 people will be in this program (but not guaranteed, might change)

16 Likes

This is so exciting! And I got the perfect feature if I get selected after applying (mostly for customizing the character and more themes). I am also 19 (I will be 20 late April).

6 Likes

i agree, ur game course would be so sic w/ IAP

4 Likes