Annoying bug: Numbers won’t stop increasing/decreasing!

1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened): So, I was using the numpad, and then when I pressed the up and down keys, the numbers wouldn’t stop increasing/decreasing!

Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:

1. Bring up the numpad whilst editing a project.
  2. Hold the arrow for 5 seconds then release. OR
  3. Press both at the same time, scroll slightly on the numpad, then let go.

I expected this to happen:
For the numbers to stop increasing/decreasing.

But instead this happened:
The number wouldn’t stop increasing/decreasing!

Here’s a sweet screenshot/video:
I am deeply apologetic, I don’t have one at this moment, I will hopefully get one soon.

Your username: 894 Studios

What kind of device are you using?: (Also include iOS version, and Hopscotch version)
iPhone 11,
iOS 15.x
So, apparently there’s a new update for hs but I can’t get it yet, I might be on the version before the latest??

@/894ers

8 Likes

I got it to happen by pressing both at the same time, scrolling slightly, then letting go.

6 Likes

Ok, well it happened really easy when I got it to work last week.

Do you think my steps need to be more detailed?

4 Likes

I think your steps are okay, but they might be harder to reproduce. I found that what I did happens every time I try it

5 Likes

So what did you do?

3 Likes

This

4 Likes

Oh yes! That must’ve been what I was doing because I think I was tapping random things lol

I will edit those steps in if that’s ok!

4 Likes

I reproduced it by holding the arrow for 5 seconds then releasing

6 Likes

Ok that’s another way…

3 Likes

Sure, go for it! We have it so you can always edit bug reports so that you can always keep OP up to date with the latest status + steps to reproduce it

This doesn’t happen consistently for me though

Also, exiting the object seems to make it stop

4 Likes

I fixed it by holding the opposite arrow until the numbers slowed down enough

4 Likes

The only way I could fix it was by going out of the draft and then going back in, which is super duper annoying!

3 Likes

Did exiting and re-entering the object not work?

3 Likes

Ah! When you back to it though, it does it again!

3 Likes

It seems the longer you hold the button, the faster the number changes. Try releasing when the number changes quicker than usual

6 Likes

Not for me although the first time I also added a text object, then deleted that text

3 Likes

Works fine if I’m only pressing one arrow. I can only get the bug to consistently occur while pressing both, then dragging/scrolling the keyboard slightly

4 Likes

But then it plays up and doesn’t let you get the numpad/keyboard/colours (yes! Even the colours! It doesn’t let you have the selection!)

It’s pretty much a bug that causes loads of other bugs.

2 Likes

You must have caused the keyboard to get stuck, because that didn’t happen on any of the times I got the bug to occur

4 Likes

What?! How would I get it stuck?! Okay?

2 Likes