Annoying Action Thumbnail When Updating a Project

A feature I’d like to see in Hopscotch is:

Ya know that new “Update” update? I have already tried updating a project, and you have to change the thumbnail! So I would like to suggest an option to keep the prior thumbnail or to do a new thumbnail.

I’d use it for this type of project:

This would be super annoying if it is a game and it is an action shot.

Here are some examples of Hopscotch code that could be improved if we had this:

Action game (with and action thumbnail) updates

Here is an example design I’ve made:

I’ve seen something similar in another programming languages, it looks like this:

Hopscotch

This could also be called a bug, but I realized that after I filled this out, and it is more of a new feature that I would like to see. also first user to make a suggestion for the newest update update. Also 199th topic to use #tagica

• I didn’t know that this was an issue but okay
  • Ew no terrible idea/bug

0 voters

6 Likes

first and last

2 Likes

And no one say “first post”

even though I did

1 Like

Yes please this would be so helpful

1 Like

Really…

1 Like

Please, don’t say first and last post

Yeah this will be nice

3 Likes

Or even just a way to upload a image into hopscotch and then add it as the thumnail

2 Likes

Sorry, I mean I will be last

1 Like

(You could use markup on the thumbnails of games in your drafts by going into files)

2 Likes

It’s not a bug but I also don’t see why it’s such a big deal honestly. Second chance at a new thumbnail

4 Likes

Yes, but it could be really frustrating if you did that thumbnail on level… idk, 16?, and you have to go all the way back through the game and get it at just the right moment

3 Likes

Not sure why you’d go through that much trouble in the first place but sure lol

2 Likes

Or if you waited 20 minutes to get the perfect thumbnail like I did in my and my brother’s moonf project

1 Like

I don’t know but I do

2 Likes

Oof yeah that would also be annoying

1 Like

Interesting. I usually build my games where the main menu would be the thumbnail or I’d create a starting screen

2 Likes

Statistic’s show that a good thumbnail results in more views.

2 Likes

Exactly why ppl wait 45 minutes to make a thumbnail

2 Likes

For You//Tube, i spend 1 hour making thumbnails that are trash

2 Likes

I spend a long time trying to make (when I use images or when I do trail art) the objects I am working with perfect

2 Likes