Animated thumbnails?

A feature I’d like to see in Hopscotch is:

Animated thumbnails.

How could it work?

Play the draft or project. There can be a record button up by the home button.
When you tap the record button, it would start recording a video. You’d tap the record button again to stop the recording.

When you tap publish, it would give you two thumbnail options: animated, or still.
If you choose animated, that video you recorded would be the thumbnail, if you opt to have the animated thumbnail.
(Well, unless you record another video. Then that more recent one would be the thumbnail. Or maybe you could record multiple vids and choose one for your thumbnail…)

When published, the thumbnail would be like a GIF—
It plays, stops for a second or so, then plays again.

I’d use it for this type of project:

GIF maker, cool effects, etc.

Here are some examples of Hopscotch code that could be improved if we had this:

I don’t know if any code could be improved (or if this should be in meta-Hopscotch instead lol.)

Here is an example design I’ve made:

I couldn’t really figure out how to make an image of it, so I made a project.

Sorry I rushed it

I’ve seen something similar in another programming languages, it looks like this:

I haven’t seen anything in other programming languages.

16 Likes

Amazing! That would be very original and could attract more customers.

7 Likes

This would be awesome!

6 Likes

Yeah! That’d be amazing to have!
Great idea Tankt!

7 Likes

Ooh yeah that would be nice

2 Likes

I have an idea on how to make it! There should be a little record button and if you tap it it starts recording, and if you tap it again, it stops. Then, the little recording is saved to that single project’s library, and when you are publishing the project, you can choose any recording in that projects library. and you should also be able to zoom it and so on

4 Likes

Just added a way for it to work in the OP.

5 Likes

I see your logic. This is actually a good idea, since Hopscotch only puts the things shown in screen (and removes all blurr) to show the thumbnail as idle. If you can animate thumbnails, it’s going to be fun!

3 Likes

hey that would be soo cool, nice thinking Tankt!

3 Likes

I really like this idea! Would this be like the little section of a YT video which plays when you hover your mouse over it except plays constantly?

1 Like

Yep, it could play when the thumbnail is visible to the player!

2 Likes

Yes, this would be amazing! Great idea.

1 Like