AI Competition/Challenge

Random suggestion, why don’t you make a project that we have to automate or add an AI into, then whoever makes the best AI (that is truly AI) wins

3 Likes

That’s an interesting idea, but how would you make a true AI on Hopscotch?

1 Like

You will find some AI projects in the game changers/new featured tab. Like “don’t get 30” or the volleyball game where you play against AI.

Also, I think the deadline should be far enough to give the competitors time. Coding AI is probably something that cannot be done within a month. (Unless the person creating it is smart.)

3 Likes

May I participate by myself?

1 Like

That wouldn’t be considered actual AI. An AI project has to learn by itself. Still, that would be considered “AI” for this challenge/competition.

1 Like

This might reveal a bit. Say there are multiple numbers and each have up and down arrows. You press up to increase a number, and down to do the other way around. You press something to enter the values then the “AI” will produce an output. Is it considered typing in text?

2 Likes

Well, no. You are just pushing one or two buttons to get a result. In a text- based game or a chatbot you have to type input. This means that a) the input isn’t more complicated and b) you have to press different amounts of buttons for each result. This results in the code being more complicated.
But, things like a chatbot have to be very good, or else they’d won’t be given a good score. This means that the chatbot should be able to respond to multiple different inputs and be able to have a “conversation”.

1 Like

Can I reveal what I am making? Cause I’m not sure if it’s AI or not.

1 Like

It doesn’t have to be AI

4 Likes

So learning is machine learning, it would be a hard challenge, but a fun one

2 Likes

Once again, you don’t need to make a proper AI.

2 Likes

I thought you said Al (with an L.)

1 Like

I used to think that

But AI is ai

2 Likes

Yeah.

So, is September 1 a good deadline for submissions?

1 Like

Personally I think it’s a bit too long and people may forget about it but the summer contest has just started so what I’d do is

Postpone it until August 8th and then tag everyone who had join and give them a deadline of September 1

3 Likes

I’m not going to be active from mid July to the end of August.

4 Likes

Yes it is. Since you won’t be active from July to late August.

3 Likes

less than a month?

people go away on vacation then too

3 Likes

Ah ok then that’s a good date

5 Likes