Advertisements on Hopscotch?

I found that this was a topic, Advertisements in Hopscotch!, but this has a different idea.

Here’s my idea, premium subscribers can implement ad products in their games, so you’d have to watch an ad to get something. Why would they use it? They would be able to use it as maybe every 10-100 ads watched they’d get a predetermined amount of seeds. Also, hopscotch would make money from this. Basically creators will be able to make free to play mobile games.

This could be two things, hopscotchers advertising their projects for seeds or just advertisements (the annoying ones we always see)

@PanList

17 Likes

The problem I see with this is then Hopscotch would also lose money on seeds. But it’s a cool idea.
If this is added though I better not be given an ad when I didn’t want one-

6 Likes

It would be used for some products that need ads

also accidentally solved instead of liked, woops

if its users advertising projects, it’s basically mostly going to hopscotch and maybe 10% to creators

but hopscotch wouldn’t really make a loss if it’s one seed and each ad is 0.01-0.1

7 Likes

A good non invasive ad would be , let’s say you’re just scrolling through projects. Every once and a while in place of a project would be an ad.

5 Likes

Maybe an ad while you’re waiting for projects to load? But I think THT already stated a reason it wouldn’t work… some legal issues I think

7 Likes

That’s a good idea

Makes sense, but I wonder why they can’t

Probably because of COPPA and people are under 13

8 Likes

I think they might have to reach out to other kid friendly apps or something instead of going through an advertisement company because who knows what adds they will show. Also that way they won’t have to collect data.
It would be a lot of work tho.

4 Likes

Advertising to kids is actually heavily restricted‼️

5 Likes

Tell that to every browser game lol

4 Likes

:skull_and_crossbones::skull:

5 Likes

Almost every game that exists is violating that then :no_mouth:

4 Likes

And the fact that Hopscotch is an app targeted towards kids ages 8 to 16.

6 Likes

This is a cool idea!

3 Likes

Every mobile game on the face of this Earth is challenging that statement

6 Likes

This would be cool.
But there would have to be moderators checking for inappropriate stuff… probably all the time.
Well, now that I think about it, people would probably just advertise their roleplay/chatting and spammy stuff.
sorry for disappearing for a long time everyone, school hasn’t been too great

4 Likes

Thats why they can use ads from companies like google, they check for them.

4 Likes

A lot of google’s ads are inappropriate though /hj

5 Likes

I think the alternative is having games advertised by seeds.

6 Likes

yeah that would be better.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.