Advertisements in Hopscotch!

A great thing that would be useful for THT and Hopscotchers is advertising.
There should be a tab where you can scroll through projects that are advertised. To advertise, you will need 50 seeds. (If 50 is too much then maybe a bit lower?)
This would be a great thing for THT because they get money and Hopscotchers can advertise their games!

19 Likes

<has no say on this>
A new way for kids to eat their mom’s credit card
Hmm like roblox

6 Likes

Already exists:
It’s called Top Planted

no jk but I think this is interesting but no I think it would be nice to have in-game official advertisements for other games that you can get seeds from by having them in game
(kind of like in websites)

8 Likes

Idk how i feel abt this. Maybe just bring back trending which was based of likes

8 Likes

Also THT if you see this and implement it I would call it promoted

6 Likes

Ooh, this is pretty sic. There would be “advertisement” objects? Like a text or image. Maybe there would be several sizes like full screen, vertical, horizontal, etc. you could use set image and or set invisibility to display said advertisements. I would say that the best way to use such objects would be something like the 2020 seed developers program.

8 Likes

I agree with everything you said except

bc I can set invisibility to 100%, earn (let’s be honest, that would be stealing) money without actually advertising

7 Likes

Lol they are all self planters there

5 Likes

So is this a good idea or no?

3 Likes

Again, would be monitored similarly to the seed program. Theoretically someone could charge seeds for smth that doesn’t exist but since its so closely monitored by tht it never happened

3 Likes

Yeah because I know what this will led to

that one kid with 500 seeds:

Well maybe you can only advertise once a month?

6 Likes

ik roblox has smth similar, and i don’t think I its ever been an issue

3 Likes

interesting
but people will advertise arts and useless stuff not related to coding

4 Likes

Maybe ads would have to be approved?
Idk
Maybe only a certain amount of people could use advertisements in game just like only a certain amount of people could create advertisements?

6 Likes

Kinda iffy on this idea. Then the people with seeds will get everything…

6 Likes

This idea sounds like a good one, but there are a few problems.

• Not every kid has seeds, and might end up quitting hopscotch because they can’t advertise.
  • I feel like the majority of things that will be advertised won’t be coded.
  • If this is implemented, it should be free. Everybody limited to one advertisement per month.
9 Likes

Hmmm. This is also really good ads once a month.
THT will have to do more but won’t get anything so…

5 Likes

Well, maybe not free. But 10 seeds maybe?

4 Likes

got to agree with this.
it would improve self esteem to advertise a project alone by yourself

just like in society, advertising costs a lot. you need to work for your money

thats why i feel this idea should be implemented, because it has a chance to earn seeds to advertise.

(although the value for masterpiece should be increased)

so there should completely be a way to earn seeds to advertise, but that would cause inflation, so that would mean that the amount to advertise should depend on what you are advertising !

5 Likes

Great idea!

3 Likes