Add your music to my game! 🎶

This event/competition/challenge is started by me (@Willowmoon ) and all the currencies, rewards, and prizes are handled by me, not Hopscotch. You can find other similar self-started events in the latest #competitions-and-events or #shops-and-requests topics, or even start one yourself. Because this is started by me, Hopscotch and the forum leaders are not involved or responsible in any of the transactions here.

Welcome, welcome one and all! Want to test your music skills? Then step right up!
I’m looking for music for my Fall 2021 Seed Developer Program game! Due to rules, I can’t share what my game is, but I will give you a general idea of the music I’d like to have!

kudos to @DogIcing for the idea and @nth3r for the first music track

Theme

The general theme for the music is Peppy and Playful!
If you need ideas, I recommend looking up the album AJ’s Greatest Hits by Animal Jam on Apple Music, Spotify, or whatever you use and playing the tracks Bunny Party, Pet Play Time, Sol Arcade, and Winters Dance! (Psst- Happy Go Lucky, AJ Melody, and Crystal Sands are great too!)

To participate

1. Code a track following the Peppy and Playful theme, either using note blocks or a string. (if you use a string, make a reader for it too!)
  2. Create a fun name for your song!
  3. Publish and link your project to this topic and tag me (@Willowmoon)
  4. Wait and see if your track makes it in!

Participant prize:
5 seeds from @Willowmoon (after my project is published)
5 seeds from @NTh3R (after my project is published)
Winner’s prize:
10 seeds from @Willowmoon (after my project is published)
Shoutout in the Credits section of my game
Original music project linked using Open Project Block
Tip: Make your submission project look good! I’ll be using the open project block to link the original songs for people to find your profiles and listen to your original music!
Want to make it match mine? Use fall colors! Oranges, Reds, Yellows and dark greens and blues work great!

FAQ

Can I submit more then one track?
Yes!

I don’t know how to make a string reader!
That’s okay! Code it however you want. @nth3r has volunteered to help transform non-string tracks to strings.

When will your project be published?
I don’t have an exact date yettt but I’m aiming for November 12th, as that is the end of the program.

Is there minimum/maximum track length?
Yes, the minimum is 30 seconds and the maximum is 2 minutes.

Can I code a track that requires the beta editor?
Yes! I have the subscription and often code with advanced mode (the sub is required for this round of the SDP, in fact!)

Tags

@SecretSounds
@omtl

If you want to tag your Tag List as well, feel free!

please don’t say first post-

9 Likes

Participants

• I’ll participate!
  • I might participate!
  • I won’t participate, thank you!

0 voters

Winners

Nth3r - Unnamed Track (3r coded/is coding music already so they’re automatically a winner because I promised I’d add their track) - Adding to Title Screen/Lobby

8 Likes

If y’all have any questions don’t hesitate to ask!

5 Likes

Lol when did that happen?

4 Likes

Cool! I might participate.
Also, I don’t think I ever congratulated you on getting seed dev—so congrats!

3 Likes

I’m alright. I will be fine… Tks anyway.

4 Likes

You made a topic abt creating music

Hence the idea

4 Likes

Thank you! Super excited to work with everyone!

4 Likes

@Willowmoon

4 Likes

(i won’t be able to add the bass to the string because of potential loses of datas. My string reader needs a minimum of 34 milliseconds between notes)

4 Likes

I got a song from a game that I made: https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/11yimo675h

4 Likes

Oh wow my memory is bad can you link it lol?

3 Likes

checking asap for you!

2 Likes

Wait I must’ve thought it was you and it wasn’t oops

3 Likes

gaaaasspppppp I love! it’s so bouncy and fun- tysm!

Btw, realized I forgot to include this, deadline for submitting music is 2021-10-21T05:00:00Z, so @Heracc, @GweTV, @Dolphin_Blast, @The_wild_fox, @creationsofavillager and @BG_Studios if you’re submitting music do it before this day!

5 Likes

I might not have time, but I’ll try!

5 Likes

@Willowmoon i’ve done another song, it’s exactly 1 minute this time. (sad song i think)

1 Like

Epic! Tysm <33 go ahead and link it!

1 Like

i’ll do this first, bc now the project is only black

and i’ll add a pause/continue music system

1 Like

Awesome, thank you :blush:

1 Like