Add Comment Blocks to the Builder

function Foo(Bar)
    -- This will print whatever you put as Bar.
    print(Bar)
end

Sometimes it would be hard for me to pick up where I left off, remember what this function is meant to do, or how a game works.

I think it would be great if the builder provides us comment blocks, similar to any standard language. We would be able to take notes, document and explain our code.
For instance, members who look in front page projects would be able to learn a creator’s thought process line-by-line, and use the knowledge for their own projects.

17 Likes

Nice idea
Making a comment block is actually possible by editing the raw code of a project (JSON), but it would be a lot better if it was in the block, tray
Tho something tells me it was suggested before lol

7 Likes

Yeah - native support for comment blocks in Hopscotch would be very cool! It would also help for FTU projects.

There might be a topic like this already - I’ll see if I can merge the two, so all ideas related to comment blocks are in the same place!

7 Likes

yes this is good

5 Likes

Yeah, i believe you can get this thru the JSon like will said, or in the secret blocks :shushing_face: available in e’s shortcut

1 Like

Yep, you can. I’ve used it before

2 Likes

Yessssssssss

3 Likes

Yeah, but I think a comment block that isn’t in the code would be better
Like a note on the side that you can place and connect arrows to code blocks if you want too?

4 Likes

This seems like a great idea, @Captain_G!
I already have the Comment [] block, but Not in the Beta Editor because I don’t have Beta.
Here is a model.image

3 Likes

cool idea I guess

2 Likes

you can get it with json editing

2 Likes

I also have it with JSON Editing.

3 Likes

You could make a variable named comment and have it set comment too what ever comment bam comment block eerily

1 Like

Welcome back! 4 YEEARS AGO! have we seen 4 years ago yet?

2 Likes

It’s a hidden block at the moment, would help a lot with collabs.

collab account when

2 Likes

That’s a GREAT IDEA

2 Likes

B UMP

Yes and you could connect multiple comments to be block or vice versa