About The “Wait” object glitch.

Okay. About The ”wait” object glitch. You can see what that is about in one of My latest projects. I think it is that in the slower one The code has check The code in The repeat Times block more times than in The other one.

Can you give a link to the project?
And welcome to the forum. If you need anything tag me @BabyButterfly

I saw that project! I think the best way to explain this is that there is a wait time between blocks; for example, repeating “wait 10 milliseconds” 100 times, you would have a small gap between whenever it repeats, unlike just the regular “wait 1000 milliseconds”

Yeah, that was also My theory when I Made that.
Also thanks for playing My projects!

No prob! I really like them, they’re fun to look at.

Almost Every block has a delay after it. (Usually about 15 milliseconds.)

For example, try putting repeat 60 wait 0. It will wait at most a second.

This is because almost every block requires a certain amount of time to do what it does.

I’ll explain better later, if no one else does it. :slight_smile:

The reason is that the Hopscotch Player executes the code blocks at 60 fps (frames per second). Within a single “When” 1 block will execute per frame. So each block takes about 16.7ms (1s/60) to run.

The code block after a Wait block still has to wait until the next frame even if the Wait block finishes early. What does that mean? It means your [Wait 10ms], which is less than 16.7ms, is really “Wait 1 frame”, and your [Wait 100ms] is really “Wait 6 frames”. So,

Repeat 100 x 1 frame = 100 frames (or 1.67s)
Repeat 10 x 6 frame = 60 frames (or 1s)

So the Repeat 10 [Wait 100] is actually much faster!

Maybe hopscotch needs to read the code, and the wait when repeating makes it slower?
I’m not sure, I’m just trying to think why it would happen

Ok that’s a better explanation

Yeah just saw it, yours is a better and is the correct explanation

I can assure you that the explanation I gave is correct :wink:

What Petrichor and ThinBuffalo said:
One frame is about 16 milliseconds, so the one waiting for 100 will execute faster

Interesting, indeed.

I see you have now joined the forum.

Yay!
My theory for this is just that there is a small gap between each block, and that’s why it’s slower.

Kinda like a null frame where it’s just one frame of nothing happening that’s too hard to catch with the human eye?

this is very interesting!
(PSSSTTT… Anyone wanna enter my competition? it’s at

)

You should not revive a topic just to advertise a competition. There are mass tag lists such as the @omtl that will tag people who might be interested

well, that was very rude of you, please be a bit nicer to people in future