About the Videos Category

Hey Hops!

In this category, we’ll discuss game tutorial videos, walkthroughs, and content on any and all things Hopscotch. Soon we’ll create topics where you can also propose new ideas, give feedback, and submit your own projects to be featured in future videos.

In the meantime, I have a question for all of you: For 2020, what kinds of videos would you like us to make next?

20 Likes

Maybe some aesthetic ones like how to do cool affects?

12 Likes

Awesome.

I like @ Nobody’s idea for aesthetic and transition videos-- those would be helpful to a lot of people.

And maybe updating some of the current ones, like pixel art and trail art, with the fastest methods or something

10 Likes

Maybe one related to coding music?

9 Likes

I’d love to see a video about the touches that make your project feel more professional.

6 Likes

PUTTING GIFs INTO HOPSCOTCH

7 Likes

i am agreeing

with this

request

6 Likes

Thanks lol

3 Likes

Hmm, I think animated aesthetics, such as moving backgrounds and how to make rain, smoke and other things!

Basically how to use several objects in conjunction with each other to creat cool effects!

5 Likes

I am giving a third

to this

request

8 Likes

I kinda wish I could make it lol, but it would prob be bad.

6 Likes

I feel like I’d have to give like four lessons on music theory - people would have to know how to break up rhythm, read music, transpose, come up with chords by ear, etc. to create their own songs without that painful “guess and check” that discourages so many Hopscotch musicians.

7 Likes

Yeah I used to do that (for no apparent reason)

Then I discovered the magic of sheet music and YouTube lol. I knew how to read music (and still do), but idk why I didn’t use sheet music at the time. 'Twas a phase I presume xD.

5 Likes

I’d like to see videos on color theory, to help people build aesthetic projects, like Nobody said. Maybe a section/series of videos on more advanced stuff like sine and cosine, variables, bounce height, velocity, etc?

5 Likes

I believe that’s already there, actually

I know for sure they have sine and cosine, and fairly sure one of the other ones you mentioned has a video too

5 Likes

I shall

Fourth

This request

6 Likes

This is something I have wanted to see for a while, it’s really cool that you guys are doing this again!

Ever since the channel stopped uploading in 2016, it felt like there was a lack of quality projects, considering a lot of the community has also resided. Anyways, I would like to see something similar to @Nobody’s idea: aesthetics, shapes, and “graphic design” in Hopscotch in the form of positioning and animation.

Why? Those elements really make games stand out on Hopscotch. Many games had large blurry text and no accommodating shapes to make the games look clean. A video tutorial would really help on that. (Maybe game design too but I am getting a little ahead of myself.) I don’t know if you’ve been told about my web explorer before, but I made it to show Hopscotch’s community and latest projects (link here), and I can find games similar to how the curators do it, and that being said, I have noticed a need for a video on the topic of aesthetics. It’s a focus I have on my “ever-procrastinated” E-Pad project as well.

And please, if you decide to do it, make it free. Basics such as this being free would really help improve project quality. Conversely, there should be paid videos on more advanced topics such as “coding game plot” or “Stages in a game”

7 Likes

I will

fifth

this request

6 Likes

So in the Hopscotch blog, there are two articles:

Best projects of July 2019
Best projects of August 2019

Maybe make videos about the best projects of a month.

4 Likes