Continuing the discussion from The 20 character rule - why:
This topic is similar to the the 20 character rule - why topic, except i will be talking about categories. So think: when you have an idea for a topic, see if it actually fits into one of these categories:
- Help with Code
If it doesn't fit, think about if your topic is really necessary. Contests, announcement boards, and only a few other things are topics that may be necessary, and don't fit into one of the categories. THT put categories for a reason: the forum was mainly made for if you had a question about code. These are topics that i think are not necessary:
- leaving/vacation topics
- duplicate topics
- in my opinion chain games
- and topics saying that you are a turtle or potato
...and much more.
What to do if you want people to know you are on vaca or have left HS:
- make a project on HS saying why you are leaving and for how long
- on your bio on the forum, at the top, edit in that you are gone/on vaca
- write it in all of your active topics
...and anything else that you can think of - but a topic is not necessary because it just clogs the forum because everyone goes on vaca - its not the end of the world
Do you agree with what I have said?
- No, I like making topics about potatoes!!!!!
Votes are public.
<smol. Very smol.>