About the Bugs with Hopscotch category

Yeah she’s really nice, and good at solving problems.

1 Like

I am having trouble with my internet connection on hopscotch. It is on and off sad face we can’t connect to the internet. I think I should probably email the HST if it keeps up.

are you somewhere with good wifi? maybe try opening another app that needs internet to see if it’s just your device’s internet connection that is wonky?

1 Like

No I don’t think so all my other apps work fine, and my device shows full WiFi. Thanks for trying to help, though!

2 Likes

sadface :(
yeah, emailing THT sounds like the way to go

3 Likes

I figured out that it happens whenever I’m working on a draft and then go to explore after, it goes away after a few hours. So I’ll email THT now that I know how to fill out the part about how to make the bug happen again.

I was in the process of making an art pad, I have the magenta custom block Draw Like A Pen, then when dark purple is tapped, set iPad variable New Color to 1. Then I have, when iPad variable new color equals 1 set trail color to dark purple. Then when I test to see if this works, all I have is a white pen when I drag my pen around, the drag part works, but the change color part does not. Even weirder, I set the original trail color to black, not white. I know something is wrong because I have made art pads before, and it has worked when I used that code. Just tell me what you think might fix my art pad bug if you have any ideas. Thanks!

1 Like

Sounds like a bug with your code (not with Hopscotch). I could look at it, I think I know what might be wrong.
Can I have a link to your art pad please?

Sorry @tankt2016, I figured out my problem! I forgot to set the variable width to 10 before making that the width of the trail. Thanks for trying to help :slight_smile:.

1 Like

Today I got a notification that was spelled in reverse. I saw someone post a similar bug

1 Like

It’s not a bug. Just a couple people having fun with text tricks haha

2 Likes

How do you make that happen?

I actually just ran into this bug today haha (HS version 3.43.1)

(@Elizabeth)

2 Likes

i sometimes crash on a small project…

1 Like

Oh gosh. Okay we can keep it open then! If you have a moment it’d be awesome if you could pop your steps to recreate in there :grinning:

4 Likes

Yep, will do! :)

3 Likes

May I suggest just removing the width limit altogether and setting it to the stage width? That should improve consistency and get rid of what seems in my opinion like an unnecessary restriction.

8 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Trail Art Problem

Clive? @pumpkingirl

1 Like

I have a bug. The bug is, that although WiFi is on, the app either shows the error message when you go into the “Explore” tab at the bottom-right part of the screen or the only online projects playable being those in the “Featured” tab in the “Explore” tab with the “Featured” tab being the only accessible tab. I found this bug after the planned online system downtime. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Hopscotch back, but it still won’t solve the problem. My Hopscotch version is 3.45.4 and my iPadOS version is iPadOS 14.3 on iPad mini 5.

Can this be fixed?

4 Likes