About Forum Leaders

Can I Becum A Leader Boi?

4 Likes

Maybe sometime in the future, but I’m not responsible for recruiting leaders.

9 Likes

Ok and i would rlly like to change my name is it possible?

3 Likes

Probably, but I can’t find an option do so (at least not in the mobile version of the site). I’ll tag @Jazz and @Ana and hope that they can help you.

7 Likes

Sadly, we leaders can’t do that. That power lies in the hands of the wonderful @Ana and the rest of tht.

We can’t change user names or give titles or anything because that’s in your preferences tab and we don’t have access to that since I think has some of your personal info

11 Likes

Thank s for your questions!

1. We’ll definitely look for more leaders in July - August 2019.
  2. You can ask to change your name once per year (the year starts from the last change).
  3. You can use the tag–leadersf
22 Likes

So leadersf
If you put that with an @, that’ll tag all the leaders?

4 Likes

Yup.

So if there’s a rly big argument or buIIying or smth, use that tag to tag us all

5 Likes

You have to ask @Ana, and please see post 2

8 Likes

Really? it doesn’t show a preview of the tag working
You can try testing it ig

10 Likes

Yeah I noticed that.

I’ll ask Ana and see if she can do something about it ig

9 Likes

so excited for what’s to come! thanks, ana!

7 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Leadership Team - Questions, Concerns and Compliments about Leaders, their responsibilities and their role in the Hopscotch community

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Leadership Team Reporting - Questions, Concerns and Compliments about Leaders, their responsibilities and their role in the Hopscotch community

Sound cool!!!

5 Likes

I feel like this may be important to know instead of tagging leaders to see if they are on:

You can go to the leaders groups and see when each person last posted or was last seen

8 Likes

Yeah, and then if you tap ‘seen’ twice, then it puts them in order of last seen, with the leaders currently online at the top.

However, still tag the whole @Leaders group bc it might put a bit too much pressure on the one Lead currently online (like rn I’m the only one on and getting like 15 tags is a bit overwhelming haha)

8 Likes

Yeah, but if it’s not really an issue but you need them for something, it can be useful, like unlisting a topic immediately without a bunch of people coming in, like I am gonna do later today. Stuff that could happen right away but only when they are online. Anything that can wait even an hour or if it’s a “problem” you’re having, that could use the tag imo

8 Likes

If Leaders use the Discourse app and turn on notifs, they will get an instant alert when @Leaders is tagged.

7 Likes

Yay! It’s been a while since HSF had leaders

7 Likes