Ability to tell if project is planted/liked

A feature I’d like to see in Hopscotch is:

a conditional “if project is planted/liked”

I’d use it for this type of project:

a bonus reward for liking the project

Here are some examples of Hopscotch code that could be improved if we had this:

you could gives bonuses to people who like the project, though it could be abused but everything really can

Here is an example design I’ve made:

check once if (project planted) = 1

I’ve seen something similar in another programming languages, it looks like this:

nope

large con is I can see it being easily abused by saying something like “plant this project to continue” but doesn’t hurt to throw it out there because a system could be implemented

• I like this
  • Idk
  • I am not a big fan

0 voters

18 Likes

You’re right, that is pretty sketchy but hey, so was request seeds at first and it actually turned out really well.
I like the idea.

11 Likes

It was the seed developer program, now the plant developer program

@ana ^^

8 Likes

HMMM
I think this is in scratch.
Not sure how peepos will use it

2 Likes

This could make a big impact to HS in a great way!

If people :heart: the game which means that they enjoy the game, they could get special features! I think this idea is one of the best!

Although, as Nobody said, it could be abused… but also as Nobody said, there could be a system blocking it… also, there could be an extra report button for someone to report abuse of this feature.

3 Likes

lol that sounds the same

3 Likes

But what if the project is liked then disliked

3 Likes

good point

3 Likes

yes that’s also a problem

1 Like

I’m assuming it will check constantly if there is a like or a plant or whatever, and if there isn’t, it won’t run the code inside

1 Like

I’ve seem this is other games, cool.

1 Like

Hmm, doing this may have its toll on the creator as many users will dislike the fact that their asking for likes. Therefore potentially lowering like counts on projects that don’t deserve it if that makes sense

1 Like

Yeah. They have this in other programing languages.

2 Likes

So if you like then maybe you get 50 coins and if u dislike then your 50 coins will vanish

1 Like

how? plants and likes are specific to hopscotch

2 Likes

Idk. Pretty sure Scratch has it tho

I like this idea. But maybe if only the feature was used for liking projects so no one could do this:

And, yes I know they could do the same thing with liking, but liking costs no money (unlike plants), and so it would be really easy to just tap the like button and get those special features. Of course, this could result in something not good (Tbh, I don’t really know what). But, like you said:

Also, was any one counting how many times I said ‘liking’ or ‘like’ I this post. I counted 5 lol.

1 Like

People could literally make seed projects by saying “plant this” to continue. Then the game costs 5 seeds.

3 Likes

I think this is a good idea, but the big downside is indeed that

2 Likes

yeah maybe it could be a thing like the seed dev program, idk

2 Likes