Ability to publish project from drafts screen

A feature I would like to propose, would be the ability to publish project outside of said project.
How this would work: You know how you can rename your project outside of a project? What I’m thinking, is you go to that renaming screen, and not only do you have the ability to rename the project, but the ability to publish the project!
How this would be helpful: This could be helpful in 2 ways:

1. If you were a coder, and created an awesome angle for your thumbnail that would be hard to recreate, and you hadn’t finished your title yet, but accidentally pressed publish. You would simply unpublish the project, and publish the project outside of the project.
  2. If you were an artist, and drew this amazing drawing, that would be hard to replicate, you then share the project, and realizing you placed the thumbnail wrong, instead of having to redraw your amazing artwork, you would simply unpublish, and publish the project outside of the project.

And that is my proposal.

12 Likes

First post

Please comment feedback.

Sounds interesting. How would you select a thumbnail?

3 Likes

How about the ability to just rename a published project? Seems like that would save a few steps to me.

7 Likes

Unless I misunderstood this, I don’t see how this makes sense. On art the project doesn’t contain the drawing, that’s something you did with the project, it’s not saved in the json so even if you didn’t re-enter the project, the drawing wouldn’t be there anymore

6 Likes

That never happens lol the keyboard is at the bottom of the screen and the publish button at the top right, how do you accidentally tap it lol?

6 Likes

I second that

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen this suggestion somewhere…

good idea tho:)

3 Likes

i third that

2 Likes

Yes I think we need this. Would save time too

3 Likes

eh fundardo makes a good point also it’s very hard to accidentally publish a project

5 Likes

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cool idea, but not the highest priority imo

2 Likes

Yeah this would be really helpful for me. There has been lots of times where I got a perfect angle for my project thumbnail, then I clicked “save and exit” instead of “publish”

3 Likes

I believe you’d have to redraw the drawing since art doesn’t save. I remember reading somewhere on the forum that how the thumbnail works is it draws a picture of your screen, so this probably wouldn’t be possible since your screen would not be an image of the game. You’d just have to double-check you placed the thumbnail right.

2 Likes

@Stylishpoopemoji33 I don’t understand what you were asking, sorry.
@TheBest1Ever Great idea!
@Fundardo If you unpublish a project, the thumbnail saves until you go into the project. But if you had the ability to publish a project outside of the project, your thumbnail would be saved.

Point taken. I guess the real problem here would be the thumbnail.

Like what if you had it so the editor was showing in your drafts. When you published it from outside of it, what would the thumbnail be?

2 Likes

With your pinky finger…

1 Like

Nut you’re not able to zoom out or recenter the thumbnail, once it’s published the thumbnail is just an image, not an entire frame

3 Likes

I would think that it would be the “H” that symbolizes that there is no thumbnail, like some of the older projects

3 Likes