Ability to make your project not remixable

A feature I’d like to see in Hopscotch is:

See title

I’d use it for this type of project:

A project that’s in a contest

Here is an example design I’ve made:

You can tap the button to toggle remixing on or off.

9 Likes

That would be pretty similar to project options, and I’m not too sure about the idea, since Hopscotch was made with people exploring each other’s code in mind.

9 Likes

I second what AE said

2 Likes

3rd

1 Like

4th, it’s one of those things sorta like follow counts that will just never be added

1 Like

Fifth because yeah it wont happen, but other ideas for project settings would be nice

2 Likes

Like a like count

1 Like

I deleted my post so that you can be fifth but then you edited it to be 6th.

2 Likes

Lol then I edited it back

When you post at the same time

2 Likes

6th

1 Like

I feel like the point of HS is to learn from others, and this option would not allow that.

1 Like

I like this tho

this guy remixed my project and changed one thing

legit, the point of hopscotch is to code, not to pinch off other people’s projects

3 Likes

Yes. I’m talking about dem remixers. Their whole this is just remixed masterpieces, the same one again and again

I see what your saying about not being able to remix for official contests, so I think I have a solution for that. What about if you title it the correct challenge hashtag (for instance Plants2020 or Newton), and your project gets remixed, hopscotch somehow senses that it’s a remix, and does not include it in the contest. I don’t see a way to fix it if it’s just a contest you created yourself, however.

1 Like

7th

2 Likes

I
8th what Æ said

1 Like