Ability to disable preset custom blocks and variables

Ability to disable preset custom blocks and variables

I have this idea, and if we could make this become true, I will definetly use this.
So, you can disable the preset custom blocks and variables and when you go into the editor it wont generate these blocks like: ‘Draw a background’, ‘Grow’ etc. And there will not be the variables for example: ‘vertical velocity’, ‘bounce height’ etc. If you turned ‘disable preset custom blocks and variables’ on.

I think this is a good idea for those who knows how to code and doesn’t need those anymore.

@TeamCreations (Sorry for 2 tags)

• THE BEST!!!
  • Good Idea?
  • I will reply (MUST)
  • Uh…Ok…
  • Meh…
  • NOOOO!!!
  • Oops…

0 voters

12 Likes

while not something I would require, it would certainly be nice to not have to always remove them. This would also be nice to remove the three preset variables as well.

13 Likes

it would, I just manually delete them though

3 Likes

You can manually delete them if you have the pro subscription, although it is not recommended.

4 Likes

They can be deleted but having it auto-do this would be so much help and a real time-saver

3 Likes

Idk, i like having them honestly. I can always delete some of them.

Personally I’m really lazy and use “go to center” a lot :joy:

5 Likes

sameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee lol

2 Likes

Why not recommended? And that shouldn’t really be a pro feature.

Same! But sometimes i change it to an animation but then i want the regular one back and then that messes up everything

2 Likes

Because you might find out later that you really needed those rules/abilities/default variables, depending on what you are making…

2 Likes

But you can always recreate those… Unless you mean things like last touch x

1 Like

True, but at that point you’re wasting your time by recreating the variable, when you could’ve just kept them to begin with.

Also, orange variables cannot be deleted.

2 Likes

This idea just came to my mind while reading this: It would be cool to have some kind of customization palette actually, where you could pick exactly which custom blocks you would like for each project in the app (both custom rules and custom blocks) Maybe Hopscotch could even allow for user submissions to this palette/library.

6 Likes

Same haha

Whoaaaaaaaaaa YES

2 Likes

For those who manually do it every time, you can start by doing this with a draft. Remove unused code will delete all code that isn’t traceable in an object.

I’ve always wanted to be able determine my blank project template as well, actually.

1 Like